Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Hello!  I need some advice:</p>
<p>I'm job hunting for a student practicum position for the summer (in public health inspection).  I am limited to two health units, at least for this summer, because my son has his daycare here.  Next summer I graduate and will move if necessary for a full time position.  Anyway, so I called my top choice way back at the end of January and spoke to the hiring manager there who said I could send in my resume anytime but the job ad wouldn't be up for another month.  I dropped off my resume the following week.  Early March there still wasn't any job ad.  So I called again and asked if she had my resume and just let her know I was still interested.  She confirmed that she had my resume and said the job ad would be up within the month.  The job ad has now been posted!  Should I call again, just to say that I'm still interested?  Or just let it be.. I think it was almost 3 weeks ago when I last called.  But she did say she had my resume and I didn't need to resubmit a resume when the ad came up.  This is my absolute top choice of places to work and I really don't want to screw anything up!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My second choice health unit I have called twice and left messages with the hiring manager and never get a response.  I've also dropped off a resume but there is still no job ad posted (although when I dropped my resume off the receptionist said they usually have positions in the summer).  But as it is I think I may only have the one place as an option!  Makes me a bit nervous :/</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have two assignments for classes to finish and then I want to do some interview prep just in case I get a call.. I'm so nervous about this process!</p>

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
<p>Absolutely call again, and ask if they need you to submit a cover letter. If they do want a cover letter, get someone from a career office to help you write it, and tailor it exactly to their job ad. Spend a few days on it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good luck!!!</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts