Mothering Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm not much for writing birth stories... But thought I would share a little about Joel's birth. I really didn't want to go over my due date and really really didn't want to go to work Monday! However, my body was giving me no signs that birth was in the near future over the weekend. Sunday morning my water broke around 5am. Just a little. Called my midwife bc they have 24 hours to have birth be immenent one your water breaks. She wasn't too concerned and said to go back to sleep and call around 9:30. I tried going back to sleep, and around 5:30 contractions started. I was on the phone a few more times with my midwife and decided I should go in to get checked around noon. When I checked in I was about 4cm and 60%. Things progressed quickly and 3:30 I decided to get in the water. He was born at 4:36! Only 11.5 hours start to finish, 19 min of pushing. I had a great experience at the birth center and he is perfect! We didn't tell anyone until after he was here, and it was the best decision.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Aww! He's precious!

·
Registered
486 Posts
I'm so glad it went well for you, and I'm also glad you didn't have to deal with your ILs waiting in the parking lot the whole time! Good for you for keeping it quiet until you were ready. He is adorable! Congratulations!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts