Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm due with my second here in a couple weeks. DS1 just turned 5 and we stopped using diapers with him a good 2.5 years ago. So my memory is fuzzy. Plus I've since bought an HE washer.
So I just need a reminder of what type of detergent is good for diapers in the HE. I seem to recall using Arm&Hammer before.....

Also, my mom sorta panicked me with the idea that my diapers could disintegrate upon washing due to dry rot?! They were washed and dried before storing, they've been stored in a closet, not in the attic, basement, or garage. My plan is to wash them next week, so I guess we'll see. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
I don't personally have an HE washer, but my friends who do have had good luck with Country Save.

I think that as long as your diapers were washed and dried well and stored indoors (i.e. where it is temperature controlled) that they should be fine!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I have a TL, not a FL, but here's my routine:

cold rinse, hot wash with detergent (just switched to 1 T biokleen liquid - we'll see how it works), hot rinse. Then dry it all on medium or put it in the sun.

It is different with FL's so hopefully some others can give you imput there. I really doubt you'll have trouble with the age of your dipes.

Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and your new baby!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.