Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Join the LunaRevolution!

We often refer to the LunaRevolution on our blog, Twitter and Facebook pages. The LunaRevolution is the personal transformation that often occurs as a result of making the switch from disposable to reusable menstrual products. We call it a revolution because typically the choice to switch to reusables is not a casual one and the change that results can be surprisingly profound. We suspect you are part of the way there, given that you were interested in the opportunity to try Lunapads in the first place.

For some, the change is as simple as a subtle feeling of satisfaction when bypassing the feminine hygiene aisle at the store. For others it can result in a much deeper shift in consciousness around our fertility cycles, sexuality, sense of personal empowerment, consumer habits and/or much, much more. We'd love to hear your thoughts on how Lunapads have made an impact on your daily life, what your journey was like in terms of consciousness or perception (many of us thought the idea was a bit weird or even gross the first time we heard about it), funny situations that might have come up along the way, conversations you have shared with your family and friends about your new choice, what other changes it might have inspired in your life.

We thought it would be fun for the group of five winners to share their thoughts on their experience using Lunapads. So, we invite you to join our "Lunapads Challenge Forum" on Mothering.com to discuss your experience. From your anticipation of getting the package, to your experience using the products, we want to hear your thoughts. We hope you'll join in on the conversation.

Warm wishes,

Suzanne Siemens (Lunagal on Mothering) and all of us at Lunapads.com!

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Suggestions for Reviewing Lunapads on Mothering.com

We invite you to post a full review of Lunapads on Mothering.com.

When you go to post your review, please post it to the Lunapads Starter Kit product page on MDC.

Here are some points to consider and include when writing your review:

• What products did you use prior to taking the Lunapads Challenge? How do Lunapads compare?
  • What was your process for washing your Lunapads and carrying them while out of the house?
  • How was the experience of Lunapads different from the experience of using disposables?
  • Would you recommend Lunapads to others?

We thank you for taking the time to try our products. We look forward to chatting with you!

Lunapads

·
Registered
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothering View Post

We thought it would be fun for the group of five winners to share their thoughts on their experience using Lunapads. So, we invite you to join our "Lunapads Challenge Forum" on Mothering.com to discuss your experience. From your anticipation of getting the package, to your experience using the products, we want to hear your thoughts. We hope you'll join in on the conversation.
Hello MDC Lunapads winners. Did you get your Starter Kit package in the mail? (We're sorry it took extra time to arrive due to the postal strike in Canada).

What are your initial thoughts? Have you had a chance to try them yet? Don't forget to wash them first to maximize their absorbency. I look forward to hearing from everyone!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got the package a few weeks ago- much quicker than some of my other mail that was also delayed by the strike! I just started using them a couple days ago and must say... I'm in love. Thanks!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hello DayDreaming and Katelin,

I'm thrilled to hear you got the package and have already had a chance to try them. Please do tell us more about your experience when you get a chance.

We were remiss in not sending you a sample of specially formulated "mama cloth" laundry soap and will send one to you shortly.

All the best,

Suzanne

·
Registered
0 Posts
Welcome new Lunagals! We're so excited to be hearing about your new experiences with our products and look forward to your questions, feedback and interactions with other Lunarevolutionaries! Thanks again for participating.

·
Premium Member
2,571 Posts
i received them and used them but had some challenges due to the fact that i could only use the small ones, i tried one of the bigger ones and it was to big. so i didn't have enough of them to actually try for longer than a day an then having to wash them, but what i did use i loved. also the ones with wings moved around alot and were harder to use as well. i would have liked more of the smaller ones without wings if i could have chose

·
Registered
0 Posts
Thanks for this feedback! It's always hard to predict which products will be the best fit for each woman, given the uniqueness with respect to size and needs. In this case, we gave away Starter Kits to all of you, which contain 2 Mini Pads, 2 Basic Mini Liners, 2 Mini Wing Liners, 2 Maxi Pads, 2 Basic Maxi Liners, and 2 Maxi Wing liners, which are designed for both light and average to heavy flow.

It sounds as the Maxi Pads and Wing Liners are too big for you. One concern about your feedback was that you might have been using the Wing style liners on their own, without the Pads (or Lunapanties). They are not designed for this (you will notice that they do not have snaps to secure them around the gusset of your underwear) and will move around too easily, so if this is the case you will need to readjust how you are using the Liners. Please let us know if you have further questions or comments! How about the rest of you: how's it going?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I did recive the pads and thank you kindly for them. I wrote up an official review and here it is....

July 28, 2011

Lunapad review By Amy McCarty

First things first, let me tell you how much I LOVE cloth menstrual pads. I made the switch after our family started using cloth diapers and I came across them online. I thought "hum, odd I wonder what this is all about?" So I looked more into it. I discovered nothing bad and only good from everyone I asked. So I thought I would pick some up myself. Then I found they are a little expensive, so I had some handmade for me. BUT if you do the math, even one pad being $10 will save you money because you reuse them forever (or a very long time). That is how I started my stash. I now have a variety of cloth pads.

I recently won the Lunapad challenge and won the starter kit. It came with 2 Mini Pads with 2 Mini Basic Liners and 2 Mini Wing Liners 2 Maxi Pads with 2 Maxi Basic Liners and 2 Maxi Wing Liners. It's a great little kit for starters just checking how cloth pads work out for them.

Pros:

• Being cloth and reusable one HAS to mention the best thing about cloth pads, environmentally friendly, not to mention less expensive!
  • I love the fun colors and patterns these pads have to offer.
  • I really liked that they have the PUL inside as to no leak. There were no leaking issues at all!
  • They are thinner and more compact than other brands of cloth pads.
  • They were pretty absorbent.

Cons:

• The ric rac thingy to hold the liners on I found annoying. I understand that it's there so one can change the liners out and just use one pad all day. I found that I couldn't use it mostly because the pads would bunch up really bad. Also I found that the ric rac got blood on it also then I needed to change the pads anyways.
  • I did not like the winged liners. I really didn't understand them because the wings had no way of clipping under the pad. The wings then just sat against my legs and I found it uncomfortable.

Conclusion: I highly recommend all women to at least try cloth pads out. As for what brand you like best? I think it's different for each woman. I have a variety and find Lunapad's weren't one of my favorites. There is some things about them I would change that I found not so useful. The ric rac thingy to hold the liners on was very annoying for me. I did not like the idea of switching out the liners at all as this just seemed to cause them to bunch up all the time. I do recommend giving them a try though and seeing what you think J It really all depends on what you're looking for.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunagal View Post

Hello DayDreaming and Katelin,

I'm thrilled to hear you got the package and have already had a chance to try them. Please do tell us more about your experience when you get a chance.

We were remiss in not sending you a sample of specially formulated "mama cloth" laundry soap and will send one to you shortly.

All the best,

Suzanne
I would really appreciate a sample of the cloth pad soap if you could send me one. i didn't even know you sold some :)

·
Premium Member
2,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amymccarty View Post

I did recive the pads and thank you kindly for them. I wrote up an official review and here it is....

July 28, 2011

Lunapad review By Amy McCarty

First things first, let me tell you how much I LOVE cloth menstrual pads. I made the switch after our family started using cloth diapers and I came across them online. I thought "hum, odd I wonder what this is all about?" So I looked more into it. I discovered nothing bad and only good from everyone I asked. So I thought I would pick some up myself. Then I found they are a little expensive, so I had some handmade for me. BUT if you do the math, even one pad being $10 will save you money because you reuse them forever (or a very long time). That is how I started my stash. I now have a variety of cloth pads.

I recently won the Lunapad challenge and won the starter kit. It came with 2 Mini Pads with 2 Mini Basic Liners and 2 Mini Wing Liners 2 Maxi Pads with 2 Maxi Basic Liners and 2 Maxi Wing Liners. It's a great little kit for starters just checking how cloth pads work out for them.

Pros:

• Being cloth and reusable one HAS to mention the best thing about cloth pads, environmentally friendly, not to mention less expensive!
  • I love the fun colors and patterns these pads have to offer.
  • I really liked that they have the PUL inside as to no leak. There were no leaking issues at all!
  • They are thinner and more compact than other brands of cloth pads.
  • They were pretty absorbent.

Cons:

• The ric rac thingy to hold the liners on I found annoying. I understand that it's there so one can change the liners out and just use one pad all day. I found that I couldn't use it mostly because the pads would bunch up really bad. Also I found that the ric rac got blood on it also then I needed to change the pads anyways.
  • I did not like the winged liners. I really didn't understand them because the wings had no way of clipping under the pad. The wings then just sat against my legs and I found it uncomfortable.

Conclusion: I highly recommend all women to at least try cloth pads out. As for what brand you like best? I think it's different for each woman. I have a variety and find Lunapad's weren't one of my favorites. There is some things about them I would change that I found not so useful. The ric rac thingy to hold the liners on was very annoying for me. I did not like the idea of switching out the liners at all as this just seemed to cause them to bunch up all the time. I do recommend giving them a try though and seeing what you think J It really all depends on what you're looking for.
wow i feel like i could have written this myself but i'm not such an eloquent writer.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Ladies,

I see we have one review so far- thanks Amy!

Thank you ALL for trying something new. When you have a chance, we would love you to write your review on the Lunapads Starter Kit. Please click here to begin your review on the product page. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Chris

MDC

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi to the Lunapads challenge participants. We are very happy to hear from some of you and grateful for your feedback. Thank you @amymccarty for posting your review.

Being small framed, I am also partial to the mini pad size, but I do like the wing style liners because I have very heavy flow for the first 2 days and need that extra lateral protection. I don't experience bunching, but know that it is sometimes an issue for women.

We'd love to hear more feedback. Some suggested questions / comments are repeated below. No need to be super eloquent! We're here to chat and help make your Lunapads experience better. eg: @terrordactly~ can we send you a few extra mini oval shaped liners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothering View Post

Suggestions for Reviewing Lunapads on Mothering.com

We invite you to post a full review of Lunapads on Mothering.com.

When you go to post your review, please post it to the Lunapads Starter Kit product page on MDC.

Here are some points to consider and include when writing your review:

• What products did you use prior to taking the Lunapads Challenge? How do Lunapads compare?
  • What was your process for washing your Lunapads and carrying them while out of the house?
  • How was the experience of Lunapads different from the experience of using disposables?
  • Would you recommend Lunapads to others?

We thank you for taking the time to try our products. We look forward to chatting with you!

Lunapads

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey ladies!

Hoping your still enjoying your Lunapads! Just, wanted to let you know that we have shipped out you're free samples of Rockin' Green Femme Rock laundry soap.

Enjoy and let us know what you think.

xoxo

The Lunagals

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi everyone. Just so you know, the soap sample we sent was a special formulation made by Rockin Green specifically for Mama Cloth. ie: it is targeted at getting out blood stains. It is not currently available for sale yet. I'm sure it will work for other purposes (dipes, wipes, etc.) but just wanted to make sure you knew that.

Any other sample winners care to post a review of the pads? It would really help get the word out to the other cloth diapering mamas that cloth mama pads are just as simple (if not simpler!) to use and care for.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thats exciting about the soap! I love rockin green and recently started using it on our diapers and cloth wipes. Im glad to here that one for cloth pads is coming out as well. I really hope so of the women respond and review for you. Isn't that part of the condition of winning? :( Im sorry your not getting any responses. :(

Come on guys :) It doesn't take to long to write a review :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wanting to take a more sustainable approach to my period, I'd bought a Divacup in May. I didn't have much luck (or patience), but thankfully my sample of Lunapads arrived in time for my next cycle! I LOVE them. Love love love love love. They completely exceeded my expectations in every way. I'd just thought that they would be a bit of a hassle, but worth the effort as I wouldn't be throwing away tons of pads anymore. I had no idea that they would be so comfortable and absorbent, nor did I have any idea that I could actually BE comfortable while wearing pads! I often get sores/rashes from disposable pads, particularly in the heat, but I have yet to have any such problems despite our hot and humid Winnipeg summer. I very much appreciate the soft fabric that doesn't bunch up like the filling in many pads do.

I'm pretty small, so like one of the other reviewers, I only used the mini pads. I also preferred the oval shapes over the winged ones, as the wings made everything a bit bulkier and made me feel less secure. Regardless of the kind I used, though, I didn't have any leaks. I noticed that wearing underwear with a wider gusset solved any bunching or migration issues that I had.

As for the washing soap, I liked it but I hadn't had problems with stains beforehand. It's good to know that I have something that is specially made for them, though, so thanks!

Thank you so much for an opportunity to try this wonderful product!

---

Just one question: How do the thong liners compare in size to the mini pads?

·
Registered
179 Posts
@Katelin: thanks for that fantastic review. Might we be able to entice you to post a review on the MDC site for the Starter Kit to compliment Amy's review?

We're so glad the Lunapads are working for you. Don't completely give up on the DivaCup. One day you might be up for it again. Plus, we're happy to talk to you on the phone to see if we can help.

The Thong Pantyliner is 6 inches and the Mini Pad is 8 inches.

@Katelin and @terrordactyl : we can send you more mini liners if the wing ones don't work for you. Let us know.

Maybe the wing liners and Maxi pads will come in handy for overnight purposes?

Next time we run a contest, we'll contact the winners to find out their specific needs and only send pads and liners that are ideally suited for your flow and/or body type.

This has been a good learning experience for us. Thanks for being a part of it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.