Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im knitting something that needs to be joined..a casted off edge and a live one. how do you do it? it says to join without casting off the live end. and here i thought i knew a lot about knitting

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
In the other versions of that pattern the end states - Bind off, sew ends together or don't bind off and graft the 2 ends together so that there is no seam and it is reversible.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I would think that you could graft them together with a sewing needle- just following basic kitchner maneuvers- only be sure that you always approach that bound off edge with the yarn coming from the top, sidestepping below- and exiting from the bottom towards the top... that bridge of graft stitches should push the bound off edge to the inside of the seam.

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks!

i just BO then stitched it together, but ill try that for the next one. i just wanted it done!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
I would think that you could graft them together with a sewing needle- just following basic kitchner maneuvers- only be sure that you always approach that bound off edge with the yarn coming from the top, sidestepping below- and exiting from the bottom towards the top... that bridge of graft stitches should push the bound off edge to the inside of the seam.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts