Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently- a few days ago- my ankle began hurting. It really seemed unprecipitated by anything. Didnt do anything to injure it that i know of. today i had to wear an ace bandage to help it out but am still in some real discomfort. It is tender all around the ankle and especially if it attempt to turn it inward- which is getting near impossible. there is onlly slight swelling. I can walk more or less on it and bear weight but the range of movement is what worries me.

The other thing is that some time ago i began experienceing discomfort in my knee but it's different a bit than the ankle. it comes and goes and isnt tender just achey and kinda stiff.

Maybe i have some sort of bone problem?

I am pretty upset about this. I think i'll be going to the docs- which i am not quick to do- which kind do you think i need to see??

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
chiropractic care may really be able to help you.
until then, rest, ice on and off, tiger balm, and keep using the ace.
hope it heals soon.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
ITA with the PP. chiro. My right foot was numb for the last 4-5 days. I went to my chiro yesterday & he adjusted my foot & no more numb foot.

I have random joint pain too, possibly subluxations from wearing my huge Ds constantly, but I'm also wondering if it's Lyme because I'm having some neurological issues.

I'd rub some arnica on your foot/knee & see a good chiro.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for your input, both mamas! Theres a bit if swelling and i wonder if that is 'chiro appropriate'. This is all tooo weird for me. I dont like falling apart like this for no seen reason

Maybe i am wondering lyme or something else also?
>Matesequoia, thought you were getting tested for lyme already?--just curious?

I have to teach Yoga this morning-- should be interesting.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Jeez Laura, talk about neuro problems, I didn't even realize it was *you* I was responding to!
: I did get tested *a lot* but the tests aren't reliable. One of the tests came back suspicious, some of the bands were "indeterminate."

I think I'm in denial. Keep us posted on what happens, I'm curious.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
update: Saw the dr today. He checked it out. did some blood work to rule out or otherwise check on things like lyme or other inflammatory processes going on. we'll wait a few more days for results and to see if this will get better on it's own.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, surprise to me but when i woke up this morning my ankle wasnt quite as bad. What? huh? it was kinda weird but since i've never had such an 'injury' before i guess i didnt have anything to compare it to. It is not all better but i can turn it inward and outward more than i could and not so much pain. I am still wearing the ace bandaage and being careful.

I told my dh that i have to be careful that it gets all better and he joked with me about 'not becoming a frail old lady'
: He's a few years younger than me and so i'm not really enjoying his joking but i'll give it right back when he dares complain or make note of his aging.

on another note, he thought i was feverish and took my temp
: I was feeling pretty crappy and it sure was nice to be treated like that.

-waiting for results though from the blood work-- curious is all.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So... My foot continues to heal from whatever it was that went wrong. Plus the blood work came in and all was "normal". Hmmm. I dont think this a lot but sometimes i start thinking: " this is it, somethings going to be really wrong and i'm going to have to live with it"
--------But then here we are and it all seems fine, so why am i thinking or worrying that perhaps the blood work doesnt show what needs to be seen????? Am i just a worry wart?

Or maybe what i have to 'live with' is the fact that i am not 25 anymore and i'm prone to aging just like the next 38.5 yr old

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
We seem to have a lot in common! Worry wart here!

I have been dizzy all week & yesterday evening started coming down with "flu-like symptoms"
: & thought, this is it, this is where the Lyme takes over my body & I'm going to end up in the ER. I even said to my mom last night, "I don't feel well, I'm going to bed, it's either a bug or it's the Lyme. If I wake up & can't move my body, tell the EMT's it's Lyme."

Of course, I totally can't take into consideration that BOTh of my Dd's have had a virus this past week (as well as everyone else that we know) AND it started the same, exact way - eyeballs hurt, sore throat, fever, etc...

I think I'm crazy, possibly hormonal & I definitely have some huge anxiety problems. Sometimes I think our friend tboroson thinks I'm a big flake

Yep, we're not getting any younger.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah, we do have that in common! I tend to not worry these days and try to think in a more holistic way that all will be okay but then i'll think 'whoa, i could MISS something always thinking that way'

I dont think youre flakey and i dont think Tboroson thinks that but hey??

We must get the kids together. Pm me-- remember we are unschooling now?!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.