Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>We need to be in (or as close as possible to) Joppa, MD for a couple of days in December. I know nothing about the area. Any suggestion on where to stay and what to do with kids would be very, very welcome! Thanks for the help.</p>

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
<p>I live in Perry Hall, which is very close. There are 2 decent hotels in White Marsh (probably less than 10 miles away) - I think a Hampton Inn & a .... I forget - they're both near the mall.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Depends how old the kids are & if the weather has gotten cold by then. I love to take my 2 YO DS to Chapel Hill Nursery on Joppa Road (it's in the town of Perry Hall). They have farm animals you can feed (he loves feeding the goats! I always bring carrots or apples) & a few cool pieces of equipment for kids to climb on. No charge to go! There are also several nice parks nearby & the Perry Hall library has a nice preschooler area if you're in that neck of the woods.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Marshy Point Nature Center - <a href="http://www.marshypoint.org" target="_blank">www.marshypoint.org</a> isn't far. I've only been once, when they had a spring festival, but cute place.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If you want to go down into the city of Baltimore, it's probably 25-30 minutes down I 95. The Maryland Science Center & Port Discovery museum, as well as aquarium are all great for older than toddler age, but not cheap.</p>

·
Registered
99 Posts
<p>Hi there! I'm in Harford Co. There are lots of great hotels near Joppa. I'd try some of the ones in Riverside, personally, rather than go into Balt Co(whitemarsh). Our local libraries have story times every day, there are lots of parks/playgrounds in the area, Havre de Grace has some waterfront sites that are wonderful, and there are lots of other great activities. Most of them are going to be outside, unfortunately. There is a bouncy place in Whitemarsh that's really good, too. Have fun while here! If you haven't come already. ;)</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts