Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just made something I think is really yummy. I have been craving chocolate, but am trying to eat better since I'm pregnant. So, I thought, I'll just have a raw milk tonic and as I was making it, it occurred to me that I could add cocoa powder. Here's what I had:
2 egg yolks
TBSP good coconut oil
about a TBSP cocoa powder
some maple syrup (I didn't measure)
10-12 oz milk
I blended it all with a stick blender.

It really hit the spot! I was telling dh that it tasted like an almond joy without the almonds (since it was milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate like Mounds). He said I should just call it Joy as in Almond Joy with no Almonds!
I hope some of you enjoy this.
I'll be making more again soon.
It's not exactly health food, but it's sure not as bad as an actual candy bar.

Let me know what you think.

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
I think that sounds pretty healthy, if you're craving something sweet anyhow! I do a simpler version of that a lot if I am wanting something sweet - raw milk, unsweetened cocoa powder, and a frozen (or non frozen is good too) banana. YUmmmmm!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, so I've never done anything with my cacao nibs before except eat them. I tried to use them this morning instead of cocoa powder and they are still chunks. I was using a stick blender. Do I need a real blender? Or do I need to put them in the coffee grinder first?
How do you use your nibs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.