Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>so my mama bear instincts always told me not to vax but im young (21 when i had her so no one has ever taken me seriously) and scared and was always talked into doing it by the Dr/other people and what not...DD was vaxed on schedule till she was 9 m/o</p>
<p> </p>
<p>her WHOLE life shes been sick...nothing "serious" just always sick. she will have a virus then a cold then a few days relief then another virus ect ect. they kept getting worse and worse. recently she had an ear infection followed by an "unexplained" fever that lasted a week followed by roseola (sp) followed by a throat virus followed by croup followed by vommitting for 3 days followed by another throat virus. no lie all in a row she was literally sick for 2 months straight. i was devastated. the Drs couldnt explain anything. she had an over active immune system b/c she had food intolerances so why is she so sick? shes at home with me always and is breastfed, so why is she so sick? no explanations</p>
<p> </p>
<p>i was informed she should have all the flu vaxs and all the other ones early since she gets so sick all of the time.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>well i went to her 1 yr well visit (a little early)  and i talked to her Dr (who we usually hardly see b/c she works 2 days a week but i LOVE her) she knows im into more natural parenting and i believe she is too but she still vaxs and tells me to do the same, so i told her i dont want to vax and she finally took me seriously after she said i should try and keep the baby rear-facing as long as i can and i said oh i know ive done research ect ect. so apparently that made her believe i did actually make informed decisions and not just whims on what ive read online...so she didnt pressure me she said she respected my decision although she did not agree with it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>DD will be 14 month on the 30th and for the first time in her entire life she has not been sick at all not even a cold in nearly two months! im sure there is some "other explanation the Dr will come up with" but i know in my heart its b/c i stopped vaxing. i have even gotten a real bad virus that she didnt catch. we have been on playdates and she didnt get sick. its literally the first time she has ever been able to have a playdate and not get sick. i am overjoyed that my little girl can finally just be a kid. i knew i didnt believe a vax would protect her but i never knew it could hurt her so much. just thought i would share our story.</p>

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
<p>I also noticed a huge difference in the health of my now 10yo when we stopped vaxxing.  He used to get stomache flu's constantly and ear infections, croup, colds etc.  We started seeing a naturapath and stopped vaxxing when he was 3.  It took him a little while, but he stopped getting sick and I'm very happy about it. None of my other 3 kids ever got sick much and I think it's because they're not vaccinated at all or as much as he was (depending on the child).  None have ever been as sick once as he used to be all of the time.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Glad you found a dr. that you love. </p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts