1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Judge Who Told Illegal Immigrant To Leave Court Is Dismissed
http://www.nbc4.tv/news/9560215/detail.html

Quote:
A judge who threatened deportation to Mexico for an illegal immigrant seeking a restraining order against her husband has been dropped from the roster of part-time judges used by the Los Angeles County Superior Court.

·
Banned
3,341 Posts
Great... volunteer judges who don't even know our own procedures/jurisdiction are sitting on benches and power tripping. Really what else was that counting to twenty stunt? He could have just asked her to leave, but didn't.

Glad they canned him!

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Quote:
"A lot of people run from controversy," Fink said. "It doesn't bother me. Remember, I was doing this as a volunteer."
:puke

Ok, so being a volunteer makes being classist, and probably racist ok then?

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Well apparently he's from Orange County... You know what the say about those people.

Hey don't blame me. I'm just volunteering my input here.

·
Registered
19,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pynki
Well apparently he's from Orange County... You know what the say about those people.

Hey don't blame me. I'm just volunteering my input here.

I grew up in Pomona and served on a jury there. *sigh* Glad to hear he won't be on the bench anymore.

·
Registered
43,705 Posts
Oh, yeah, we all know that women seeking restraining orders against their husbands are all a bunch of lying, manipulative bitches.
:

At any rate, the abusive husbands tend to see it that way. I have to wonder how this judge treats his own wife (if he's married.) I'm glad he was disciplined- going to court for domestic violence is hard enough without rude, insensitive judges.

·
Banned
3,341 Posts
I find it disturbing that she actually had to go to COURT to get a restraining order. I had to get one against a roomate once and just filled out the paperwork and was done. (at the courthouse, but no judge involved) That was in NC however, so maybe different states different methods.

I was very upset and I can imagine my situation being a hundred times less upsetting than if it had been actual battery etc. or a loved one... the type of thing most women face. I don't know if I could deal with going in front of a judge to explain everything without having a nervous breakdown. Ridiculous!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts