Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we are again. I wonder if we will have 10 pages of posts again!

I went thru Maggie's clothes with my extra hour this weekend and weeded out the 3-6 and put in all the 6-9 mo clothing. She is growing like a weed!!

Its weird. Its like she is growing fast like she should but also she needs to fill the calorie bank back up. She nurses as much as her older sister did and eats solids. But still needs a formula supplement. I am hoping to do that less and less. Today, my SIL said it seems like I am either nursing her, feeding her solids, or dh or someone is giving her a bottle. But she is growing. She started less than 2 pounds and is now almost 15. Thats a lot of gain in 8 mos for a little baby!
I replied- it dosent seem, it is!

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Holy cats, Amy... Maggie is super growing baby! What an incredible success story. You must just look at her with stars in your eyes every day.

·
Premium Member
8,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Megan! I do look at her with starry eyes and amazement!

The funny thing- she isnt a chunky baby.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I'm glad Maggie is doing so well. I was just thinking about her while nursing Ruby... wondering who was bigger... maggie is!

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Hi all - just checking in and subbing - not much time right now, we're in the thick of another cold for us (stupid YMCA) and I just was able to lay DD down for a few minutes while her sinuses are clear....so I can hack away here in this room and run in and check on her breathing every 30 seconds (She's been sleeping on me since roughly 7pm and was in arms all day; I really need a few minutes with my arms free this morning as I imagine today will be the same, and Monday too probably until she kicks this cold)...

Korin, hope you're feeling better and that darn duct gets cleared up for you fast!!

Sarah, prayers going out for your mom, and katiejon also to the family from your other DDC

ph yeah - DD was 4 months yesterday, and is in 6-9 month clothes now!
: She's bigger than her brother was still....I'm continually amazed how different they are, coming from the same gene pool!

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Sam's really snurfly too, poor Bubba. She's never been this congested, and she sleeps, but can't stay asleep, which is the issue.

Any ideas on how to help her?

Amy, the growing skills of our girls astounds me. Brad and I were marveling the other day on the fact that Samantha has grown 5 times her size since birth...3 pounds to 15 in 6 months, plus she's grown 9(!) inches in those 6 months. It's truly amazing to me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amys1st View Post
She started less than 2 pounds and is now almost 15. Thats a lot of gain in 8 mos for a little baby!
I replied- it dosent seem, it is!

Oh my goodness! Way to grow baby!

Sounds like a lot of us have sick little ones.
: Idgie has had some congestion lately- Poor thing! Makes it hard for her to nurse.
I keep using the bulb syringe to suck some it out which helps. On Thursday night, DH and Idgie slept sitting up in a chair all night since that was the only thing that seemed to give her any relief.

·
Registered
7,537 Posts
Well were not sick yet! but im sure that will change with 2 kids in public school
: . I'm working to store more in the freezer,since my dh is out of work for a while with a back/neck injury. I've had to go back to work a couple of days a week and livi's not happy about that she'll nurse like a feind when i get home.

Were growing out of our clothes too most of 3-6 still fit but not for long!

That's a great feat to gain so well for a premee ! I think its harder for them to catch up.

I'm having diaper issues were not totaly cding 100% more like 30% of the time, but i want to so despritly.

I'm not home now like i was and dh has total control of the house he actuely makes a better sahd than i did but he cant sling livi like i do and it's killing him because she'll cry untill she stuffed in the sling or wrap. Got any ideas?

Well off to a b-day party of the kids were all dressing like pirates
how fun!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
About the ebf'ing. My dh always supported any decision I've made when it comes the the kiddos. I gave him the information and let him make an educated decision. And of course we always were in agreement. So I nursed my first dd till she self weaned at 13mos
I wasn't ready, but she was. Then my second dd self weaned at 22mos. She could "ask" for it. She said "I nursh?" It was the cutest thing. So any decision about letting J.C self wean has already been made my both of us
It was the same on the circumcision issue. I didn't want too and when I gave dh all the info, he didn't want to either.

Korin, sorry you're feeling under the weather
I hope you feel better soon.

Sarah, praying for your mom and thinking of you.

Katiejohn, how horrible for that family. I'll be praying for them. Let us know how the results turn out.

Amy, wow maggie is growing like a weed!!!

I think we might be dealing with thrush again
I don't see any spots in his mouth, but my nipples are starting to feel sore and look kinda pink and they seem kinda flakey. My left one has a tiny crack. But Im also wondering if when he nurses at night I know he'll fall asleep at the breast, so I think he may be just chomping on the nipple for awhile. Who knows. I think I'll treat it as thrush so it doesn't get as bad as the last time we had it.

·
Premium Member
8,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2girlies View Post
I think we might be dealing with thrush again
I don't see any spots in his mouth, but my nipples are starting to feel sore and look kinda pink and they seem kinda flakey. My left one has a tiny crack. But Im also wondering if when he nurses at night I know he'll fall asleep at the breast, so I think he may be just chomping on the nipple for awhile. Who knows. I think I'll treat it as thrush so it doesn't get as bad as the last time we had it.
How do you treat it? I used finally grapefruit seed extract and it was like magic!

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Amy, that's awesome that Maggie has grown so steadily!

Gosh, I hope all you sickies and sickie-babies get well soon. I remember my first dd's first cold...ugh. I sat up and held her upright all night for three nights because she's cough so hard that she'd vomit. She was around 6 months old.

Well, EC is going...okay. We caught a poop yesterday and two pees. The pees are hard to catch. I have a lot of laundry to do.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amys1st View Post
How do you treat it? I used finally grapefruit seed extract and it was like magic!

Last time we did Nystatin for him and cream for my nipples (and gentian violet) and both of us were taking probiotics. But it didn't help. So we ended up doing Diflucan, so I just started with that. With both had some left over and there's 1 refill. We never tried the GSE. How did you use it? Did you put it straight on the nipple or was it in pill form?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Evie's been sick too. She's got a double ear infection, so she's been miserable. She finally did slep last night, with me holding her, but hey, I'll take it since the previous 2 nights she just screamed non-stop.
:

Thanks to everyone who has thought about little Nat.
The latest update from the surgeon this morning is that they think they got all of the tumor. They will talk to the oncologist tomorrow along w/ a homeopathic doc to better determine the course of treatment. So all in all, the best news they could've gotten at this point. Please keep them in your thoughts as he's still going to have to undergo chemo/radiation.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Kelly, you use the GSE diluted (15 drops GSE to one ounce water) and then just swab it on your breasts after nursing and in baby's mouth before nursing. Or... just once an hour or so.

I couldn't find any at the crap GNC on base here, so I ordered it online from a natural foods/supplements supplier. Heh. "Supplements Supplier." Is that the dorkiest-sounding name or what?

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
s to everyone having a rough time of it.

I just posted in my "other" DDC (Nov. 04) that Qualia had her first sleepover at her grandparents' house. It went really well. But man, am I wrecked. She's hitting a growth spurt and Sebastian just couldn't keep up with my supply today. He gave it the ol' college try though. It doesn't help that I have oversupply anyway. My armpits hurt!!!

He's lost a lot of his dark baby hair and I think blond hair is growing in underneath, just like his sister's did. It's hard to picture him blond, but at the same time, I have a hard time remembering what Qualia looked like with dark hair now that she's been blond for so long.

He's starting to see the value in rolling over to get where he wants to be and is doing it more, after one incredible day of rolling over and over and then not doing it again for a long time. It was like he just wanted to prove he could.
He's also just started to try to get his knees under him like he wants to crawl. He's got a ways to go before he really gets the hang of it though . . . thank the gods. He can take his time getting mobile, I won't mind!

·
Registered
7,537 Posts
Teething feircly here and looks uncomfy hylands gel hasn't worked for us , but i did try frozen breast milk in the mesh feeder she seemed to like it ,but by no means is she ready for any thing else but she'll try to swipe food off your plate.

were not rolling yet she does get her legs up and to the side but has no desire to go any further and hates being on her belly she protests any time it even looks like she's going on the belly.

Has anyone else tryed fbm as pain relief or am i just crazy
: which could be just so....

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Oooh, tell me more about these mesh feeders...

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I love that shirt on Hannah!!! where did you get it?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts