Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, how is everyone doing?

I'm doing pretty well. Feeling a bit tired lately, but otherwise fine. I'm still able to exercise 5-6 times per week although it is taking a bit more will power on my part.

I'm waiting to hear back from the birthing center on the glucose screen coming up. I asked if I could decline it and since I had an abnormal reading she said I couldn't decline the screen because of the insurance policies, etc. But she's going to see if I can do a more accurate version of the test using food instead of the sugary drink. Cross your fingers that I can do that one and that I pass with flying colors!

The baby is moving so much every day now, and gets even more active at night time starting around midnite!

I'm getting pretty emotional lately. DH and I had a lot of tension between us the last few days and we were able to talk through some things last night: all about things we needed to get and do before the new baby arrives. We also talked about weaning Jakob, since I have no milk at all right now. I've cut down his nursing times to nap and bed, and wake up nurse sometimes too. But my nipples are sore from letting him nurse with no milkie in there. However the prospect of completely weaning him made me break down crying..sobbing actually
Part of me thinks it really would be a good time, but I don't want my DS to feel totally rejected when I started nursing the new baby and he doesn't get mommy milk and the baby does. We are going to try making bedtime routine with daddy and see if we can do it. It's kind of bittersweet though, because my baby is 2 1/2 now and is not a baby but a little boy and just the idea of completely weaning him really brings that home. Sigh.

Okay, well I'm off to make breakfast. Pretty boring today, eggs and toast. Can't wait to go shopping on Thursday when DH gets paid, it's slim pickings right now! :LOL

·
Registered
289 Posts
Good morning Worldshakerz, I had an egg-toast sandwich for breakfast, too. Hee!

I hope your glucose screen goes well.

I've been thinking about the glucose test and no one's even mentioned it at my practice. I think I'll probably decline since my last pregnancy and birth were normal. Hope this isn't a big deal. None of the other stuff was all that big a deal, either. I just signed waivers for everything. Except ultrasound. I wanted to see him, what can I say?

I'm entering the easy part of pregnancy. I'm finally out of the woods with all the normal first trimester symptoms. Gee, only 21 weeks of it this time. I can feel Trent kicking and turning and bumping against the sides of my uterus all the time. Some days he takes breaks and I feel very little activity, but they are few and far between. I had a boss once whose second son kicked her and broke one of her ribs while she was in her third trimester. There was nothing they could do to help her. I certainly hope this little boy is kinder to my ribs than that, but with as much as he works his little muscles, I'm a little scared!

I also had a new measurement taken for bra size... I'm sure it's too much information... but... I'm already up a couple sizes on band, and one cup size. And I still have the third trimester to go. Last time, I did most of my growing in the last trimester. I went from 36D to 40E. After I lost my pregnancy weight, I was at 34DD. Now, I'm back to 38E, already. I'm almost afraid to know what they'll be at the end of this pregnancy. (Thanks mom, wherever you are, for this gene...)

Oh well, I'm babbling here!

Pyra

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Yeah, my chest hasn't stopped growing either! But it's kind of nice, seeing as I could fit an A 34 before, no chance of that now! I think I've moved up to a C 36. My husband is amazed :LOL

I'm doing alright. Feeling a little stressed about moving. We move into our place on the 25th...we aren't even close to being packed but...oh well. Life goes on.
I'm sure I'll get it done, one of these days...right, along with the dishes...

Hmmm. I'm going to eat some toast now too. But I'm going to have peanut butter. Eggs seems like too much work for me.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Worldshakerz~ good luck with the glucose screen! I'm afraid to get mine. Every time I eat refined sugar I feel really gross, so when then make me fast and then drink a sugar drink, its going to be ugly. I hope my blood sugar levels are OK.

Since we are talking about bras... I've already gone up over 2 cup sizes, and this new bra barely fits! I went from 36G (that barely fit) to 36J, I got a band extender thing, but I haven't had to use it yet. My midwife said I will probably go up 1 more cup size when my milk comes in! J is the biggest I've seen, so I've been trying to find someone local who makes bras. Thanks Mom! After I loss weight and am done having children I really want to get a reduction. Part of the reason you can't really tell I'm pregnant (besides being plus sized) yet is that all my cloths drape off my huge chest and you can't tell what my tummy is doing!

I get an ultrasound tomorrow, I can't wait!!! Boy or girl? girl or boy?? I can't wait!

I had an avocado sandwich with all the fixins' for breakfast, and a cherry yogurt. Yum! Ok, I'm going to try and get some house work done!

·
Registered
7,439 Posts
I'm scared about what my breasts will do because I'm already a 42H! this is the heaviest I've ever been and the largest my breasts have ever been, and i'm getting FRIGHTENED! :LOL

other than that, all is pretty much well here. The little man has really picked up in his movements all of a sudden - i'm feeling lots and lots of kicks. tonight, while Rhiannon was nursing to sleep, she had her legs curled up at the bottom of my belly, and he kept kicking her. she couldn't feel it (I don't think, she was pretty much already asleep), but i thought it was so sweet. . .

·
Registered
709 Posts
Hey mommas,
I'm trying to check in here more frequently. I'm a long time member at a mainstream baby board, but I'm trying to get back to basics and spend more time here. So hi!

I did not have eggs for breakfast, but I boiled up a potful to make egg salad sandwiches. Can't get enough protein!

Worldshakerz, I'm in the slow process of weaning DS. He is 27 months old and only nurses at bedtime and for naps. There are many days when I don't nurse him. I know I only have colostrum now, I saw it after he nursed on Sunday. It was weird. Anyway, it is definitely a mixed emotional bag, this weaning stuff. I"m eager for him to go nighty night without it, but I'll also feel sad when the new baby is getting all the "noke", as DS calls it. Even though he's my big boy, I still see a baby.

As for bras, I'm really happy with a nursing/maternity one I picked up at Target, and it's twin from Mervyn's. It's a really good Bravado knock off. I did like my Bravados, but they're pricey, and I don't think they're all that supportive for larger busts. I'm still just a DD, which seems small compared to where I've been as a nursing mom.

I've gone on long enough. Talk to you all later.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Morning Oct Mamas. Went to a friends birth yesterday & It was awesome. She's amazing. She pretty much did it all on her own. The baby is SO cute. I cried when he was born, sooo emotional. I also cried while watching her breath through a contraction - it was so obvious from her face/sounds that it HURT but she handled them really well. I'm ready for October now!!!

Not much going on here other than being excited about that little boy!!! I'm tired, I had an hour & a half drive home from her house last night & I didn't leave till about 11:30. Just hanging out with my boys today.

aisling

·
Registered
955 Posts
Hi all, feeling groggy this morning. Just started waking frequently and sleeping lightly at night. I don't know why, I don't have to pee. DS has been joining me in the middle of the night--maybe that's why. Its not easy to sleep with a 3 year old who moves a lot and likes to burrow into my spine! I feel like I'm always trying to roll away from him to protect the baby from his kicks. Ugh. Every night he asks if the baby is going to sleep next to me and I say yes because babies need to nurse a lot. He says, no, I need to nurse a lot (he's been weaned for more than a year now). Anyway I can see that this transition from one to two children will be tough on him although i think ultimately it will be a good thing.

take care everyone! we're more than halfway there!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
i can't believe i'm almost 6 months already. yikes!
we're sticking with the oct 8 due date.
and...is anybody experiencing shortness of breath?
a few nights it's been so bad that i've had a hard time sleeping, i'll wake up around 3 or so and be up off and on for hours because i'm having trouble breathing. do you think an inhaler would help? would that be harmful to the baby?
i'm having a rough few days. i don't know why. i just...i dunno. i'm bummed out i guess.
hope you are all doing well.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I know it's crazy. I'm 24w4d today. 13w3d left, that's insane! I can't believe we are going to have another little baby around here.

Amazingly I haven't been experiencing the shortness of breath as of yet. Which I definitely remember having already by this point in my last pregnancy. I'm not complaining!

Ryleeee, as for using an inhaler...do you actually have asthma? I don't know if I'd use an inhaler just for pregnancy related shortness of breath. I think I may have used an inhaler once or twice with my first pregnancy, but I do have very mild asthma. It's never been serious for me, just a nuisaince (sp?) really. I'm not having any problems with it this pregnancy though, it's great. I'm not sure how to help with the shortness of breath. Your belly is just filling up and stuff is starting to press on your lungs and that's what causes it. I don't think an inhaler would fix that. I think it's just something we have to deal with until the baby is born!

I will have a new belly pic up soon. We finally got my web cam back from my brother. DH plugged it into the computer and I tried to take a pic this morning but it wouldn't save the pic for some reason. So he needs to fix it

Well, time to get the 2 yr old and me dressed, we're taking DH to work soon and then going to my mom's for a while. Which reminds me, I need to pack some healthy food to bring with me ... my mother, step-dad and brother live on processed food: boxed meals, crackers, canned food, boxed cereal, artificially sweetened this or that. We mostly eat whole foods around here, and it's easy to eat junky at my mom's...after all that's how I was raised so it's an old habit that too easy to pick back up. I used to eat boxed cereal for breakfast, lunch and dinner if I had the chance!

Okay, done blabbing...for now anyway. :LOL

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
i also have mild asthma, or at least had it. it developed after having whooping cough. anyways. i figured it wouldn't help.

·
Premium Member
9,311 Posts
haven't been around here much...sick kid..my soon to be 11 year old(tomorrow) has been sick since Friday.

Had my mw appt today..it was great...pretty routine...hb was 148...blood pressure was 107/64...my normal low...we discussed the gd test which I refused...baby was measuring right on target too

Oh and we went over the US results which were all normal and fine. And my urinalysis from last time was fine as well.

So so far all is well....little bean is kicking harder every day...growing bigger and stronger!

Oh, my placenta is low but it's nothing to be concerned about and will be plenty high in another 18weeks.

Ryleee...good luck with the move...it will be so worth it!!

I am so emotional today...my oldest daughter basically had failed grade 9...simply for lack of effort...she decided to move to her dad's which didn't work out of course and ended up at my brothers which I knew was a disaster all because she knew she would do so much better in school there
must be nice to be 14 and know everything.

And she refuses to come home...I am so stressed...it's not like we beat her or anything..all we did was move 20 minutes from the city she was born in. I am so stressed about it and worried about her.

She is out tonight with a "friend" and I don't even know who this friend is. Her dad was supposed to take her out to dinner at 5pm to "talk" to her and of course he didn't show up...what a loser.

I am hoping I can convince her to move back home for the fall...to go to school here...I can make her since I have custody but I know forcing her will make her resentful. Anyway...sorry for the rant. I am waiting for my husband to call...I wish he were home.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Doing fine!
I feel good, and the baby is moving and turning and shaking all about in there!
She's gotten a lot more active in recent weeks, and I am happy about that.
I finally made an appointment with a midwife for this saturday. I'm nervous and scared and terrified.
I'm worried about my weight gain more than anything. :p
But all is well. Last night, my daughter told the baby in my belly "I love you"

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Things are good here too. I had my appt this week, and except for the fact that I lost another pound, things are looking good. I refused the glucose test, but agreed that they could prick my finger if they'd like. My iron was really super high, which is nice, as I often have a bit of anemia. No idea why I am still losing, the HG is all but gone.

I'm feeling good. We leave tomorrow for our vacation, which should be fun!

I can't believe that I am 23 weeks pregnant and I will have the baby in 17 weeks! It's crazy! This pregnancy is flying by...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Good Morning! All is well here too. Still having mild contraction and my doc wants to do a fetal fibernectin test at my next appt if not sooner - in hopes of avoiding best rest I suppose.

Ds nurses now only for about 5 minutes right before bedtime. I don't feel like pushing the weaning any further as he does ask several times a day so I think he must need what little bit he is getting.

We are trying to plan a little (nearby) vacation soon - hopefully a trip to the mountains.

·
Premium Member
9,311 Posts
Eleven years ago today I gave birth to my second daughter Christi! She is the most fun girl, quite a challenge to raise but oh so sweet! I call her a "life-lover" She just grabs on to life and goes...pretty much always happy and excited!

I am not as stressed today...so far...it's still early :LOL it's Thursday and hubby will be home on Saturday. I have a bday party for Christi on Saturday, just 4 girls so not too much trouble.

I think I will chill today and take care of me. Tomorrow I will get the stuff for the bday party taken care of....I need to rest...yesterday wore me out.

I had the coolest dream last night...I dreamt I had a special doppler that let you "see" inside as well as hear the heartbeat...So I checked and saw that the baby was a boy...I was so shocked but it was so real...I could see it so clearly...I decided not to tell anyone and kept wanting to look again but wouldn't because I was concerned about the affect of doppler ultrasound on the baby.

Well that's my first dream a bout the sex of this baby...my last one started out with boy dreams but eventually they turned to girl dreams. So I don't trust that it's true or anything but it sure is fun!

This little darling has been so active in the past few days...wow! Turning out to be quite the little kicker after all!

·
Registered
539 Posts
i'm planning my daughter's second birthday party. Her birthday is July 1, but i think we'll have the party on the 3rd. We're inviting three little ones, and their mamas work, so i'm hoping at least a couple of them will be able to make it since it's a Sunday. I can't believe she's already 2, lol.

Next OB appointment is Monday; maybe we'll get to see "what" we're having, and do some shopping, lololol. If we find out, i'll also go over to my grandma's, and pick up the few baby things we still have in storage there. I guess its about time to get stuff ready, huh?

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Well I'm alright. A little tired and confused about this yeast infection. They told me I had moderate amounts of yeast and to monitor it and if it got worse or started bugging me then I should get medicine. I bought cranberry juice and yoghurt and basically that's it...a few days after I started drinking the juice, it seemed to get worse (sorry if TMI)...itchy, red(der), swollen, yucky discharge...but I just left it. That was probably like...5 days ago or more. It seems like it's getting better. The discharge was yellowish/whiteish and a LOT of it. It smelled almost garlicky to me? Which I thought was strange. I still have a lot of discharge but it's mostly all clear now and more mucousy than clumpy. (blech. I'm making myself sick just typing this...sorry to all of you reading it! :LOL) Anyways, the redness is gone down and it's definitely not swollen or itchy anymore. I'm thinking I won't treat it and will just keep up with the juice and yoghurt and up my water intake. Do you think this is a good idea? I have another OBGYN appt on the 27th and I'm pretty sure he'll re-swab just to make sure it's contained or going away. Do you think I should just...go with it and hope for the best? I don't want to treat it if I don't have to, you know. ANYWAYS sorry this is so long and gross.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ryleeee, I know what you're going through! I have been having yeast issues myself lately. It started with itching, and it was just annoying at first, but then the last few days it got worse. I scoured the MDC boards for any remedies since we are completely broke and couldn't afford the OTC stuff that my midwife said was okay last time I was pregnant. For the itching you can try rinsing down there with some warm water with a tablespoon of baking soda. Also, fill the tub just enough to sit in and soak your back and fronts sides and add 1 or 2 cups of distilled white vinegar. Sit in there for 5 or 10 minutes and it can help the itchies. I also have been wearing my dress with no undies for the last few days allow it to breathe. And the other night I actually broke down and used the garlic trick. I peeled a clove of garlic, threaded it with a long piece of thread and inserted. I figure if I can insert monistat then I can do garlic :LOL . It actually helped a lot, I'm feeling so much better and will probably do that once or twice more. Definitely keep up the yogurt...but I would not drink so much cranberry juice. Even without sugar added, juices are high in sugar and can feed the yeastie beastie. HTH.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts