Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Anyone's boobs beginning to hurt?
I saw another thread in the pregnancy area about breast changes and labor.. I was wondering the same thing.
My boobs are beginning to get sore and a little tingly. Coincidence I'm sure.
Another change I noticed last night was when I'd get a bh my face would get very hot. Sort of like a hot flash.
I'm still here too. Me and my little bulgy bag that I can't stop thinking about. I'm sure one of you wants to slap me at this point.
My "due date" is the 25th. I would like to get there, but on the other hand I have someone scheduled that day that I agreed to do out of my usual territory and now I realize it's in a yucky area. Plus it says "second floor" on the order and for some reasons those words make me nervous lmao!!
I can just see a woman on her due date walking up the stairs with her big medical bag stepping over bums and rats. Unlikely but that's the vision I get.
Happy Father's Day by the way!!! I think we're going to have an uneventful regular day. Last night we were at my mom's and I must have eaten at least a pint of blackberries on my own along with strawberries my sister picked. They also brought those little spongecakes to put them in and my son kept picking them out of the package, going around to everyone asking if they wanted it, then he'd take like one bite and decide he didn't want it. This went on for about 2 hours. I'd have to agree; they're good but not as good as you'd expect. They just weren't TWINKIE good.
We were all entranced by the show 30 Days that comes on FX. I had my dad dvr it. Really good! It was the one where he and his fiance had to live on minimum wage for a month. I felt like I was watching my own life the way that they struggled. Both of them ended up getting sick and had to go to the ER and then had hospital bills. They didn't use their insurance to go along with the whole plan of the show. It reminded me of when we didn't have insurance a few months ago and both of us ended up with hospital bills as well. Murphy's Law.
I think though that even if you don't make minimum wage, tons of people end up in the same situation because you make more money and you spend more money... Such as on where you are living. If you have kids, you need a bigger place, you pay more for a rent or mortgage; you know what I mean.
This was supposed to be a 3 line post hehe. Sorry guys.
Karen

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Ok, I know I've complained of pelvis pain before, but THIS IS REDICULOUS! My left hip (hhmm, the side I'm supposed to be sleeping on, how nice) feels like it's been kicked by a small horse with sharp shoes on.

I swear I am waking up all night and just end up getting out of bed because the pain is too weird and I can't stand it! And I limp around and can hardly go on my long walks anymore.
It probably has something to do with how low the baby has dropped, so I'm trying to tell myself that it's a *good thing*, as Martha would say. But man, this is getting old!
AAUUGGHH!
And last night dh and I ended our *dry spell* which was great
, but then the baby started kind of freaking out and moving more than it ever has in the past few weeks and that kinda freaked me out! And it made my hip hurt worse.

I can't wait to be not pregnant so I can go back to a normal level of complaining.

Ok, carry on.

--GRace
ue 6/28 with a
:

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Just thought I'd drop in and pass along some "GO INTO LABOR" vibes for you guys.

I thought all my complaining would be done when the baby got here. Nope. Now, I'm STILL complaining about pelvic pain, which has gotten somewhat better, but is sitll with me. I'm also now complaining about stitches, one of which I believe I've popped or slipped or whatever you do to stitches. There's only five of them, you'd think I could handle this better :LOL I'm also complaining about achy boobs and 3 am feedings that last till, oh, six or so. :LOL

Of course, now all my complaining is laced with things like, "But I wouldn't change anything." and sentimental crud like that :LOL

Speaking of which, Joey already lost her umbilical cord. That was like, the last peice of me, ya know? I cried. :LOL

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
The babe is good

I feel bad, he slept for about 4 hours last night, and I was DEAD asleep and didn't wake him up to nurse. He's been nursing non-stop this morning now!
He's so far a very laid back baby. He spends a lot of time in "quiet alert", just checking everything out. I haven't mastered the penis-cover during changing time yet, and the poor little guy peed right in his own face the other day. He could not have cared less :LOL

Oh, and Sha...I have Sam's stump in a small leather pouch in a wooden box on my dresser.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I had my son's cord stump for a while and then it kept getting lost, I'd keep finding it... Then finally it was just gone.
I think I have it somewhere in some sort of box or pouch. One day it will turn up

I remember when I was in the first grade my best friend told me that her aunt kept her umbilical cord. The way she explained it, it sounded like she kept it ON HER BELLY BUTTON and I kept imagining this older woman running around with a crusty stump on her stomach.
I'll be more careful with this one

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I know exactly what you mean, Sharon anne, about it being the last piece of you...get used to that feeling-it never ends. Wait until they taste their first bit of non-mamas-milk food, or sleep in their own bed, or *gasp* actually wean
My son starts kindergarten in the fall and I literally weep at the mere thought of it...

So, I had a dream last night about bloody show :LOL (must have been thinking of Melissa--please check in, btw!) I was so excited thinking Yeah Now, I'm down to days! but when I woke up I realized it was just a dream...

..and today is the day (gestationally speaking) that I gave birth to dd. The farthest I have ever gone in pregnancy. It's kind of strange to think about it..exciting in a way but stressful, too.

Has anyone experienced "disappointing" someone with not having a baby on a certain date? My SIL thought for sure that I would have the baby on Father's Day and here we are and she said, "oh well, I can't believe I was wrong!" as if I disappointed her!? I am REALLY REALLY REALLY not answering the phone anymore and I think I'm actually going to change our message to one of those "Hello, we are not home right now and no, Pepper has not had the baby yet. Leave a message and perhaps we'll call you back."

What do you think, is that rude?

·
Registered
609 Posts
I was going to get on here and report that I was no longer having any contrax! But I am so that would be a lie! :LOL I just wish that they would be more consistent and sadly enough I wish they would hurt a little!
But they did go away last night and this morning I just started getting them. I am thinking of going for a nice long walk before it rains!
He foiled my plans again though and I'm now officially over due!
Not my favorite! I am only one day so I'm trying to get a grip!

Its fathers day! WOOO HOOOO! DD picked out a card for her daddy and we got him eggs benadict for breakfast. He cooked it though! Oh and we got him a pie that he loves
Well I was kind of hoping to have Nolan today and that would be a pretty cool fathers day! I suppose it could still happen but I'm doubtfull!

I didn't keep Ali's stump it was covered in poop! When it fell off it coincided with a nasty diaper change! :LOL Thats cool that your all keeping it I never even thought of it as the last piece of you! I just thought it was all covered in poop and I should throw that away!

I remember the newborn days! I assume that your first is a bigger adjustment because you just have NO idea what it will be like and peoples stories make no sense to you until its happening! The only thing I can say that I really took from those first weeks is NEVER WAKE A SLEEPING BABY!!! Those darn nurses told me to wake her every three hours to eat at night! I don't think so! I will just smile and nodd at them this time!
But honestly it was an enjoyable experience but it was more enjoyable when she started smiling and interacting!

Well I am off to take a nice long walk and try to help these contractions out. But I still suspect I will be here tomorrow!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Well last night I kept having some really strong BH that i was also feeling in my back, so ibroke out the watch to time them b/c they felt fairly rhythmical.... alas, nothing yet... lots of pressure in the pelvis. I've been sitting on my birth ball here at the computer and i think its helping open me up. me and DH are probably going to go back out for a little bit... we went to cracker barrell this AM for pancakes, yum. i want to go walk around the mall (yuck i know but its so hot.....plus we have a GC we need to spend). oh and Karen, we have the same "due date"! here's some labor vibes for ya! okay, i am flinging myself from the computer... been looking for diapers for too long and DH misses me.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Emmy, I think you're the most active poster of all the new mammas! Have you guys heard of the pee-pee-tee-pee? We saw some for sale at a little boutique store. I'm pretty sure they're a joke, little flannel tee-pee shaped cones that you "conveniently place on the baby's penis" during changings to "prevent accidents".

Speaking of the p-word, my little nephew who's almost 2 learned a new word: "Penis, mommy wash it! Wipe penis mommy!" Ah. For some reason we are used to children saying cute things like "wee-wee" or whatever, it's cuter when they say penis! :LOL

--Grace
Due 6/28 with a
:

·
Registered
227 Posts
my DD loves the word "penis" and loves to talk about how boys/men have penis's. "daddy has penis" she yells out in stores...nice.

i'm still here. i rested a ton yesterday and last night had a glass of wine before bed and slept really well. no i'm wondering again if i'll by a july mom afterall.

lost more of my plug during the night (i find the plug fascinating...i kept "playing" with it and my DH told me to flush it down the toilet and go back to bed). i also had some bloody discharge this AM, but i'm not so sure it was bloody show, but rather, blood that was cause by last night's activity with DH.
: i don't know how i could tell the difference though...there was a little more than yesterday, but still not the amount i remember getting right before labor with DD.

ah well, nothing else notable going on. lots of BH ctx...some a little more menstrual like than others. that's all.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
One more thing, Pepper--I think it's a great idea to put that on your answering machine! That's all people really want to know anyways, if you've had the baby or not.
I'm seriously considering changing my phone now too.

--Grace
Due 6/28 with a
:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
We had our own version of the pee pee tee-pee - dh invented it. He used to tear half of a wipe and lay it over his penis so if he started peeing at least it wouldn't geyser all over himself but just run down onto the changing pad. It worked great!

·
Registered
902 Posts
According to my son, everyone has a penis.
He's into having his cleaned now (he's 4.5) and if he sees anything on it, it's called a "penis hurter" and it has to be cleaned IMMEDIATELY. This is a good thing!
And I don't have a vagina, I have a clam penis. This began when we used to take showers together. He remarked one day that I had hair on my clam pee pee and that evolved into clam penis. Funny how clam is slang for vagina yet he got that on his own without having heard anyone say it.
Speaking of showering together, that was nice while it lasted. I can't remember the last time we did it, but it was nice to get us both bathed at once rather than give him a seperate bath.
Again wondering where I'm going to put this baby when I need to do stuff lol!!!!
I think I'm going to go to babies r us today to look at the diaper bag like stuff. I have a GC there and need a new backpack for the baby stuff. I'm thinking there's more of a variety there than last go around so maybe there will be one for $25 or less????????
Again feeling like a time bomb... I want to do some things that can't be done until at least Wednesday and I keep telling my body to just hold on for one more week. I am wondering if I'm right about the summer solstice or full moon? This is what I was holding out for. As if *I* have anything to do with when I go into labor.
However--I'm afraid to have dh come near me because I have a huge thing about going into labor on my own. I don't want him to "induce" me lol... Yet the funny thing is I bet if I go past 40 weeks I'll be begging him and then it won't even work. Then he'll remember the tidbit I told him years ago about how prostaglandins taken orally work better. That's something he'll never forget and the biggest mistake I ever made lmao!!!!!
Karen

·
Registered
227 Posts
clam penis...that is too funny :LOL .

i am *never* telling my DH about the prostaglandins taken orally bit of info. that is not something i care to be doing right now.

i bet a few of you deliver your babes during the full moon. our anniversary is on wed. so that would be nice day, but i'd rather this baby wait until it's due date :). we'll see.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
:

Man. This thread has me rolling!!

nak, but briefly--Grace--I've seen those peepee teepees at a boutique around here, too! I think we may get one :LOL

I am posting a lot because I am nursing a lot, so my laptop is with me on the couch all the time
I miss you guys!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Oh yes, Karen, my husband is thanking you from the bottom of his heart right now for your wonderful advice.

I'll have to be more selective on the the stuff I tell him from this board!

--Grace
Due 6/28 with a
:

·
Registered
480 Posts
karen and grace: yes you too need to learn what to share and not share with DH hehe thats too funny.

today im 40 weeks...and really wanted to go today as my MIL was here, and i really want to get to the hospital with as little distruption to DD as possiable.

my mom is so cute, even though she lives on the other side of the ocean, when she goes out for more then 30 minutes, she feels she best call me to let me know she is at the store, in case i need to call. hehe, i think its so nice that she is still a mothery mother when im 30

as for disappointment for not going on a special day, i do feel a little pressure to go and be home in time for friday....summer solictice is a national holiday here....bigger then christmas almost....and it celebrated on the nearest friday of the 21. so it would be nice to be able to show off a little baby then...
totally trival ...

1 - 20 of 193 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.