Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets use this to start the talk!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
just wanted to say
:
I am sad that the ole ddc is closing, but happy we graduated

For those that did the bead exchange, I still have mine close to my heart! And will for a long long time!

·
Registered
11,072 Posts
Thanks Amys1st for starting a thread. Like Sarah, I'll miss our DDC but glad we've graduated!

So lets see..Elijah is 5wks 1day. Time seriously flies by. He really enjoys bath time now. He tries to talk already too. If I start making "coo" sounds to him, he does it right back it me. It's so cool..and just melts my heart.
He loves being talked to and kissed. I call him my Little Mister..and he smiles like everytime I say it.
He is really starting to move move move. I have a feeling that he's gonna be an early walker.
! Marley started walking @ 13 months so I hope he waits until he's at least a year. I dunno..I just have a feelings he's gonna start before that though so, we'll see.

Well, we're all doing great. Hope everyone is also!

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
I had an early walker - ds#2 was 9 months!!! He was ahead of the *schedule* for all his physical/motor skills, but we were still a little surprised he walked so early.

Elliot seems to be moving along like ds#1 ... their pregnancies were very similar, they look just alike ... I'll be curious to see how Elliot develops in comparrison. As I wrote in on our DDC, we are still battling thrush - mostly in Elliot's mouth and his horrible yeast diaper rash.
So I'm off to the store to get more of the OTC anti-fungal as it seems to work better than the prescription triple cream stuff that contains Nystatin. Although are family doctor said the prescription should clear it up. I guess we can switch between the two each diaper change.

Otherwise, I can't believe he's 6 weeks and 2 days. He's looking so much like an infant and not a newborn. He's starting to giggle which is totally cute.
And other than getting really upset when he's wet or poopie (it's the rash), he's a very happy baby. I know we are making gains on the thursh too because he's much less gassy and uncomfortable, so we must be winning the battle and killing the yeast in his system.

Oh, and I have to say that I am in love with Little Beetles diapers! They are my new favorite and look so cute on him. I'll post pictures later when I get them uploaded.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Hi! I can't believe we got the boot so soon.

6w1d here. And we're joining the thrush club, waaaahhhh. It was only a matter of time since I'm taking antibiotics for a UTI. We're both using Nystatin and I'm taking GSE and the usual probiotics. Her mouth seems to be better after a day of Nystatin, she's slurping less and stopped pulling off and crying.

I also overdid it with housework and stretched an internal stitch in my c-section incision. Ow. Somehow last week seemed easier. Not that I want to go back in time. She's so freakin' cute, but I love that each day she's a little more "human."

Last night she expressed a preference for a person for the first time. My husband handed her to her Nana, and she screeched and reached back for him while giving the dirtiest look. So he took her back, and she relaxed completely. To be honest, I can see why since Nana is incapable of holding her without squashing her little face into her shoulder
:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mommitola

Last night she expressed a preference for a person for the first time. My husband handed her to her Nana, and she screeched and reached back for him while giving the dirtiest look. So he took her back, and she relaxed completely. To be honest, I can see why since Nana is incapable of holding her without squashing her little face into her shoulder
:
I just had to laugh at envisioning Nana suffocating poor little babe against her shoulder

J.C will be 4wks tomorrow and I just can't believe its been that long already! My parents are here from Ca and are leaving tomorrow and Im so bummed. Its been so nice having them here for the week
Plus having the girls be distracted with them has made it a wee bit easier w/ me and the babe.

We're still battling thrush also
: My nipples are starting to feel a bit better. Its just extremely painful now instead of near fainting from the excruciating painfulness.

I can't believe that he's already trying to pick up his head and can hold it straight for a few seconds. I also caught him coo'ing a bit yesterday and it was soooo cute! I just can't wait till the coo's and smiles start to be more frequent.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Ryker seems to be a spit up machine lately

Yesterday he threw up big time 3 times in a row, Dustin thinks it was from the heat.
Today he's thrown up a few times also and last night before i'd try and burp him it would just pool back out of his mouth.

?Anyone gettin bad headaches?
I had a horrible one last night wasn't too bad when i went to bed so i didn't take anything and went to bed when i woke up at midnight it hurt so bad i was about to cry, i ended up taking 2 tylenol and was finally able to get back to bed.

Ryker will be 2months old tomorrow

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
I can't believe how fast the time goes!

Sam was 3 months on the 20th, and passed her one month adjusted age birthday on Thursday. Of course, on Thursday I also entered my 10th wk of pregnancy.

It's so much fun to watch her interact with everyone. We just spent a week at the beach with my extended family, and she is starting to latch on to faces and smile at people. It's really hard to believe that the next time they all see her, she'll be walking and talking, and there will be a 5 or 6 month old on my hip!!

I just made a video of Sam's pictures from birth if anyone's interested. I posted it on the preemie/nicu board, but most of you aren't on there! So here it is:
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...id=0&utm_sourc

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
i love that so many of us really don't even have june babes but consider ourselves june mamas - the power of a DDC!
Sarah, btw my best friend is in your feb DDC - ekblad8

mikey was 7 wks yesterday, lots of smiles, almost laughs (only did it once for dh), battling very mild thrush w/yogurt and acv pretty successfully...

eyes are still a deep blue, it'd be cool if they stayed, but i have a feeling they'll change - dh, dd2 and dd3 are brownies, i'm hazel green/brown and dd1 is hazel green/blue.

he looks like an infant now, not so much a newborn. he still loves the swing, being outside and "baby talk" - I still love my mayatie and have used the moby a few more times...it's just so hot outside, it's hard for me to wrap.

he seems to be outgrowing the small fuzzibunz (esp. in the thighs) and i think i'll be officially retiring the size 0 kissaluvs. i have some size 1 coming, but what i really love are the size med swaddlebee fitteds. so far so good on the CDing, this is my first time CDing from birth (started at 4mo with my dd3) and the only leaks we've had so far are due to repelling fleece which i was able to solve with dawn.

i've started pumping to build up a bottle supply of EBM for when i go back to work in sept. still don't know if i'll be part or full time...that's SO frustrating, but i guess i'll take what i get. (if i'm FT, i'll be the breadwinner and dh the sahp for the first time - for the last 2 years we've both worked PT and sahped while the other one worked) ...sigh...anyway i can get about 2-4oz at a time (usually pump 1-2x/day) and considering i'm BFing exclusively i figure that's pretty good 'cause that's in excess of what he needs/eats. i'm a little worried about being able to pump and keep up with his demands if i go full time though b/c all i have is a little medela pump (it's electric and double, but it's supposed to be for 'occasional use' - it's not one of the heavy duty ones, but we can't afford one of those right now when i have this one...i guess we'll see...)

whew - it's hard to cover all the bases in one place. it was nicer when we had separate threads inside our DDC, but i guess this is how they get us to 'branch out' right?

Hope to see more of you!! Glad to see those of you here!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
:
I wasn't in you DDC, but I do have a June babe so I hope it's okay to join this thread.

My ds was born June 5th so is just about 2 months old now. Dh and I moved to Germany when I was about 8 months pregnant, so I've been feeling a little overwhelmed to be in a new country, away from family, and with a new baby. But I am adapting and, happily, it seem Ellis is a pretty easy baby. He's healthy and we've avoided any major difficulties. Breastfeeding is going well and he seems happy in his cloth diapers, though I've never done this much laundry in my life
I was hoping for better luck wearing him. He likes being in the sling if he's already comfy and sleepy, but hates it if he's at all fussy or gassy. In those cases he seems to prefer being upright and my sling won't accomodate that. My mom is making me a mei tei, which should arrive from the States any day now. So, I'm hoping for more success with that.

It's been really fun watching him become more aware of the world around him. It's so amazing how fast little babies grow and change. He's giving us lots of big smiles/ laughs now, though we can't always figure out why he's smiling.

Nice to read everyone's post and about your little ones.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
Hi mamas! Boy, it's good to "see" you all again. I've been bopping around the boards a bit but not typing much as I hate to type one-handed. Takes forever!

Sebastian is 5w6d today and is in 3-6 month size clothes. It's so odd. I remember Qualia being at the high end of the growth charts but she just seemed so tiny, and she stayed in her size 0 Kissaluvs, for example, until she was almost 5 months old. Here he is, still pretty much brand new, and everyone always comments on how he looks like he's 3 months old, between his size and his head/neck control. I like not having that "super fragile" feeling I had with Qualia where I was afraid I'd break her, but I kind of miss having a tiny little baby to snuggle, too.

He's starting to smile a lot and get really interested in our faces. And oh boy! He has a VERY mischievous smile. I think we're in for some interesting adventures!

I just adore watching him sleep. I could watch him breathe for hours. Does anyone else do that? (Not literally for hours . . . Qualia would never let me sit still that long!)

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelD
In those cases he seems to prefer being upright and my sling won't accomodate that. My mom is making me a mei tei, which should arrive from the States any day now. So, I'm hoping for more success with that.
I hope so! my kids have all disliked the cradle position that a sling/pouch offers a newborn, so we've done the meitai/upright hold from the start!

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Hi - just checking in from my parents to get subbed to the thread for when I get back home abd read this thread - see y'all then!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sehbub
I can't believe how fast the time goes!

Sam was 3 months on the 20th, and passed her one month adjusted age birthday on Thursday. Of course, on Thursday I also entered my 10th wk of pregnancy.

It's so much fun to watch her interact with everyone. We just spent a week at the beach with my extended family, and she is starting to latch on to faces and smile at people. It's really hard to believe that the next time they all see her, she'll be walking and talking, and there will be a 5 or 6 month old on my hip!!

I just made a video of Sam's pictures from birth if anyone's interested. I posted it on the preemie/nicu board, but most of you aren't on there! So here it is:
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...id=0&utm_sourc
that video was great!!! made me cry!
: thanks for sharing sarah!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelD
:
I wasn't in you DDC, but I do have a June babe so I hope it's okay to join this thread.

My ds was born June 5th so is just about 2 months old now. Dh and I moved to Germany when I was about 8 months pregnant, so I've been feeling a little overwhelmed to be in a new country, away from family, and with a new baby. But I am adapting and, happily, it seem Ellis is a pretty easy baby. He's healthy and we've avoided any major difficulties. Breastfeeding is going well and he seems happy in his cloth diapers, though I've never done this much laundry in my life
I was hoping for better luck wearing him. He likes being in the sling if he's already comfy and sleepy, but hates it if he's at all fussy or gassy. In those cases he seems to prefer being upright and my sling won't accomodate that. My mom is making me a mei tei, which should arrive from the States any day now. So, I'm hoping for more success with that.

It's been really fun watching him become more aware of the world around him. It's so amazing how fast little babies grow and change. He's giving us lots of big smiles/ laughs now, though we can't always figure out why he's smiling.

Nice to read everyone's post and about your little ones.
Welcome!! Hope you like it here and congrats on your new addition!

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Hi all! Yeah they wasted no time giving us the boot from the pregnancy forum.

Aurora is six and a half weeks old and I feel like we graduated this week, in a way. We had a followup with her cardiologist and she surprised the heck out of him by...having no murmur! It's GONE! She's completely better.
He had another doctor listen too, he was so surprised. We are so thankful. She will never have to think about this, ever, except when we tell her the story of her first weeks. No more cardiology visits, no more chest x-rays, no antibiotics before seeing the dentist!

We also saw our midwives for the last time.
I'm going to miss seeing them all the time! They weighed and measured her, and she's now 23 inches long and almost 13 lbs. Wow. She's getting really strong, too, she loves to sit upright on our laps and hold her head up and try to look around at everything. She smiles a lot, and laughs in her sleep. She seems to be a pretty happy baby and we're more in love with her than ever before.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts

ruby is asleep in my arms as i type this, and i'm a happy happy mama.
glad to hear auroras heart is better!!
i cant believe sam is 3 months, i loved the slideshow. i may do my own

still fighting thrush here too. its mild but annoying. ruby smiles a lot now and is starting to get chatty. it just gets better every day.

time to sleep. more tomorrow!

·
Registered
11,072 Posts
RachelD and congrats on your little one.

Awesome slideshow Sarah!

Kinda busy right now but I'll be posting up some pics later today of Elijah.

1 - 20 of 510 Posts