Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,553 Posts
Oh Amy, I hear you...

I know it will be a learning experience, and that we will have to be prepared to be flexible, but we too have put a lot of thought into the many choices. (and I emphasize the word CHOICES...ugh - people who just do what marketers and doctors tell them is best...a whole 'nother thread...)

Unsolicited advice has GOT to be one of my biggest fears going into this...yesterday, dh mentioned that when he was talking to these two guys, one asked, "So, are you getting the baby's room ready, have you chosen your colours", dh replied that no, we were going to be in the same room...And of course, then the "blah blah blah - ok, for the first few months in a bassinette, but not IN the bed?! what we did was..., aren't you afraid of crushing it, etc..."

Anyway, it rolled like water on a duck's back, dh said - he told me when it happens, to let them go on, to remember that these people just want to hear themselves talk. I will try and remember that next time someone tries to tell me that they know better...

· Registered
1,553 Posts
Yay Periwinkle on the u/s results!

I go in today for my first u/s - dh is coming to join me, then we'll go out for lunch...still undecided on how many more I'll have after this one, but that's another story, another day...

So, what am I supposed to be able to see at 4 weeks (embryo), 5 weeks, 5 days (preg - based on LMP)? I guess the main thing is to see that it's not ectopic, but what else?

The requisition states it's for dating and viability...but I'm sure whomever I end up working with will take my O date into consideration...not that it's far off from the LMP-based edd...

· Registered
1,553 Posts
Huge hugs for those feeling so horrible...knocking on wood here...so far mild queasiness and weird appetite things (ie I picked up a bunch of local organic strawberries and have had NO appetite for them...very weird for me).

Had my u/s, and she pointed out the yolk sac, and something else (duh - I'll have to get a book that lays it all out) - a small white speck within the big dark blob that was the yolk sac. Also pointed out the heartbeat - I had to take her word on that one...I couldn't discern anything...Anyway - feeling good - my bean is where it's supposed to be, doing what it's supposed to be doing...

· Registered
1,553 Posts
And Christi - have you requested betas or an u/s? Hope you're feeling better about it...

Congrats, Ravenmoon, on the great results! you can join the "working on being relieved and happy and refusing to stress ANY MORE about this pregnancy" camp! (to quote Peri!)!!

· Registered
1,553 Posts
Oh ekblad - my thoughts are with you.
Take care of yourself, and let someone take care of you and your little ones.

Shannon -
s for you, too. Man, to be able to sleep solidly for the next several weeks...I hope this passes soon, and you can start enjoying your pregnancy. Perhaps you need to relocate to a drier clime for a while?!

· Registered
1,553 Posts
Kelly, I'm so sorry for your loss.
Take care of yourself.

Shannon, so sorry you're feeling so miserable. I hope this passes soon.

Nothing new here....it's been a very busy time, and now I am so pooped, so I think I'm going to hang out on the couch, then soon to bed...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.