Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
11,617 Posts
It's tuff Amy, like you, if I begin to defend myself I go all the way--do his parents HAVE to know you plan to co-sleep?? Why not say you haven't decided yet--I guess my thing is that my family will never know as they are not going to be in my house when we are all sleeping. I plan to have a room for the babe with toys and change table etc in it (our bedroom is way too small to keep any more stuff in it--even more clothes) so if they want to see the baby's room, there will be one there--of course, our cat will likely be sleeping in it, but what the heck!!

Had my U/S and I can honestly say I've never been so thrilled as I am right now. We saw a heartbeat and baby is measuring dead on 7 weeks, 4 days (which is exactly how long ago we did the first insemination) I could even see the little one moving around, so cool, so cool.

· Registered
11,617 Posts
Lesley, that's great about the low chance of c-section for you!!! As for when you O'd, I'd also go with the temp spike--you weren't sick or anything then were you??
Seren, I have cried a couple times, I'm trying to hide it from Steve as he's so worried he's hurt me, so I just shimmy off to the bathroom.
So far I've kept down some kraft dinner tonight and at least one glass of juice (I never drink juice but I figured it was better than nothing)

· Registered
11,617 Posts
Stell, my U/S also measured to the day of when I know I ovulated (I had IUI and cycle monitoring so I know when I ovulated within about 4 hours)
My previous pregnancy however, the first U/S showed the baby measuring 5 days small--which in retrospect was do to IUGR that proceeded to get worse--my OB changed my due date to give me more time, she said she wouldnt' change it if I was measuring 5 days older, but that when baby measures small, she changes it so nobody panics if baby is "late" However, I do know that my OB is an exception where common sense is concerned.
I'm still very sick today, I'm worried my ob will put me on IV again today. But I did keep some kraft dinner down last night.

· Registered
11,617 Posts
Well I'm back and I'm not on IV yet. Turns out I can keep down popsicles so she told me to eat lots of them all day and try to eat something solid and drink lots of water during my 2 hour window in the evening when I'm not too bad. Oddly I feel much better just after eating 3 popsicles. She says as long as I don't get dehydrated she's willing to leave me with no IV. She also suggested that when I come into town in the evening to take home my daycare dogs I can pop into labour and delivery for a shot of gravol--that way I'd be more likely to keep down dinner. So a few options, none of which require a hospital bed or nurses coming to my house. She also said I was actually on a low dose of the diclectin and I can basically double it--which is good to know, I had been puking up the first dose about a half hour after taking it but didn't want to retake it as I didn't know how much had been absorbed, so now if I hurl I can retake it and hope I can get a decent dose in.

· Registered
11,617 Posts
Heve, at 5 weeks 5 days, they can usually only see a sac and a yolk sac (sometimes they can't see the yolk sac) They may not tell you at the U/S and you may have to wait till Val gets the results tomorrow (just warning you--I was so upset when that happened the first time) Where are you going to the one in the hospital or the one on Main St.? (or are you going somewhere closer to you??) Oh and she wrote dating so OHIP wouldn't question it at this early stage--that's standard.
Christi, I agree, go in for a scan, or at least a series of betas, put your mind at ease.

· Registered
11,617 Posts
Ekblad, hope you're doing alright. How are things?
I'm in rough shape. The arthritis in my hip started acting up badly, I can't have it injected (which works instantly to settle it) because they need to inject it by x-ray. I tried taking my demoral but it just comes back up as soon as I swallow it. So I can't keep any liquid down, I'm horribly bored of popsicles, I'm beyond starving and I can't sleep because if I move my leg at all I wake up with pain shooting down my leg and through my pelvis. About 3:00am I was crying and puking and just generally pathetic.

· Registered
11,617 Posts
Progesterone will not do any harm. Levels flucuate so drastically that even blood results are not terribly reliable. Mine for instance can go from 12 to 36 in a matter of days with no rhyme or reason--36 is fine--12 is absolutely not. It can increase your morning sickness and make constipation worse, but no damage to mom or baby. Oh and it does cause headaches for me.

· Registered
11,617 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ekblad7+
OK, Plan B is happening. I called my OB from before. I know I'm bad
but I just can't wait to know what's going on. So I'm going in there in about an hour. They're going to do an ultrasound there. I'm so nervous I feel like I could puke. I hope that's a good sign. I'll keep you posted and thank you all again.

Oh I'm so glad--and hey, do what you gotta do!!!! Don't feel guilty!!

· Registered
11,617 Posts
Ah Jenny, I'm so sorry. Please yell if you need anything.

Congrats to Ekblad.
I however am in the hospital, they admitted me yesterday afternoon. My electrolytes are completely out of wack and even today after constant fluids, I still am dehydrated. I was obviously worse than I realized. It took them forever to get an IV started as all my veins were collapsed. They will be keeping me until at least tomorrrow afternoon. I'm bored and tired, but at least they can give me IV demoral for the pain in my stupid hip.
I just keep telling myself--I've never been this sick before--I've never been this sick before.
to everyone

· Registered
11,617 Posts
I should be out tomorrow afternoon, I've now kept down lunch and dinner. Just got my potasium level back and while it's not normal yet, it's moving up so things are going in the right direction.
One of the nurses was just in and commenting that she was surprised I was taking all of this so well--she said I didn't strike her as someone who "wants" to be in hospita. I told her that after 3 miscarriages I'm just thrilled to 1) Be still pregnant at this stage and 2) Be so very sick as it's different from any of my other pregnancies.
I have to say, I am SOOOOO impressed with my OB and the entire OB dept at my little wee local hospital. With my health history I've spent more than my fair share of time in hosptals and I have NEVER been treated so well or felt so confident in my care.
Another thing--I was in a labor room yesterday before they knew they were going to keep and on the wall there were posters showing the "best" way to labor efficiently and they showed, sqatting, kneeling etc and at the bottom it said that on your back is the least efficent way and should only be used if mom is exhausted or if there is an emergency where the doc would need to get at baby's head fast. There was another poster on drug free pain relief and on the bulletin board there are newsletters that are pro co-sleeping and very against formula feeding. I've also not seen one thing here regarding formula. Oh and isn't this cute, everytime a baby is born they play a lullaby over the PA system--how cool is that??

· Registered
11,617 Posts
Suz, I'm on IV fluids (I was severely dehydrated) and IV gravol--stemitil if I need it but the gravol seems to help just fine as long as it's IV. Are you keeping fluids down? That was my turning point, all was fairly ok until my popsicles started coming back up on me. I have diclectin (I'm in Canada) but of course I can't keep it down so it's not doing much good.
As for the pap, have you had one recently?? My OB told me to refuse one from the fertility clinic doctor--but I had had one in the past year.

· Registered
11,617 Posts
I was thinking--cause I seem to have a lot of time on my hands sitting in this damn bed. The pregnant lady smilie--why must she have a bow in her hair--how many of us in real life where a big pink bow 1/2 the size of our head???? I know I don't speak for everyone, but I tend to be alittle "butch" IYKWIM. I mean there are bows everywhere, the knitting one, the dishes one, the laundry one. Like unless you're a girly girl you don't do these things......
Ok, rant over......just some of the things that make me go hmmmmmmmm

· Registered
11,617 Posts
Yeah I do have too much time on my hands. Steve is here with me quite a bit but as it's a holiday weekend here too, I have a full house of dogs at home that he has to look after.
My MIL wears these gross flip flops with HUGE flowers on him--talk aobut stupid looking!
I'm not showing yet, but in spite of loosing so much weight my waist bands on my pants are definitely tight.

· Registered
11,617 Posts
Wow, I've never been blown off, I just got a lecture not to let it get so bad next time, told me if I was even having trouble eating to at least come in for a shot of gravol so I can keep at least one meal a day down, but that if I can't keep down fluids, I'm to call her so she can arrange home care.

· Registered
11,617 Posts
Ekblad, b6 and Unisom has been approved here for pregnant women as diclectin for ages. I don't think that there is much disagreement that the law suit that took it off the market in the states was bogus.
If you go onto Motherrisk's website check out diclectin--they are considered a world authority on drug safety during pregnancy.

· Registered
11,617 Posts
Ekblad, you can take a large dose before bed and a dose in the morning and a dose in the early afternoon. You have to get a "level" in your system if it's going to keep working. This is my problem, it works until I start to puke, then it wears off and I can't keep anything down.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.