Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4,656 Posts
Yay Shannon! What awesome news. I'm so happy for you!

My appointment also went well. The doctor did a culture for herpes (see my other thread) which hurt like the dickens, but also told me he hasn't done a c-section for herpes in something like 15 years (since Acyclovir became available). He had a hard time getting a good picture of the babe, and much like my mom's office, it was measuring a little small (about 7w1d). If you would like to take a look at my chart, it is still in my sig. Do you think I O'ed on CD 15, 16, or 17? Or some other day, I guess? Anyway, he said my due date was somewhere between 2/7-2/15, so I will find out when the baby comes! I'll be having the nuchal translucency test in a few weeks.

I knew my day would suck, and it did. One of the kids in my class threw up about 4 times before she managed to get out the door. We had to throw away her $90 brand new textbook, and I had to take my class into one of the kindergarten rooms for about 2 hours until my room was "safe" again. The kids, were of course, totally wild. Ugh. On the plus side, i ordered Chinese food, delivered, and it just got here!

Stretching/mild cramping/round ligament pains are normal, if sucky.

Amy, sorry about the unasked for advice. I try to stay off these topics with anyone who is going to give me grief. I try to say, "We'll just have to agree to disagree" or "I really feel very strongly about this issue, so why don't we talk about something else?" That way I'm being both honest and polite. It does suck sometimes though. How about this one? "Are you going to nurse her while you're pregant? You will rob the fetus of nutrients!" ARGH!!

· Registered
4,656 Posts
Thanks periwinkle,

FF says CD 15, but that's why I asked (the CM, and + OPK's)

About Acyclovir for the baby, I don't know if they do that unless they feel that the baby was exposed (which if I don't have an active lesion is minimal risk).

I'm not (that I know of) at risk for having a baby with Down's, but the nucahl transparency is a non-invasive (ultrasound) test done at around 10 or 11 weeks that helps determine your risk of Downs and some other chromosomal abnormalities. Since it is done so early, if for whatever reason the parents decide to persue further testing (amnio or CVS) then the pregnancy can be terminated more easily. Not to offend anyone by talking about pregnancy termination, but there are certain abnormalities that infants cannot live with, and I would probably terminate rather than have to see my baby suffer and pass away.

Okay, that was a huge super downer! I'm not really worried that anything is wrong, especially after seeing that heartbeat today!

I have to go help dh with dd, they both have colds, and dh is pretty miserable. We're all tired, and looking forward to my break in just 1.5 days!!!

· Registered
4,656 Posts
My ultrasound actually measured the baby smaller than I thought, and gave me a later due date. The reason I'm asking about it is that I had some confusion with charting this cycle (EWCM past the O date given to me by FF, as well as + OPK's past that date) I was new to charting CP this month, so while I think CD 15 was the only day I had HSO, I'm not 100% certain that I didn't also have it on CD 16 and/or 17. Finally, my temps on CD 16 and 17 are unreliable, due to night waking, so this month's O wasn't really clear to me. I suppose a few days doesn't matter, but I thought I was 7w6d yesterday, and my biggest measurment was 7w1d. I just want to make sure that everything is going okay, and baby is developing normally (no IUGR).

My OB is very cool though, and he said because of the position of the baby he was having a hard time measuring. Since I was charting, he thinks my O date was pretty accurate, and instead of moving my EDD to 2/14 or 2/15, he moved it only to 2/9.

But I still think baby might come in january.

· Registered
4,656 Posts
Awesome! I hope my OB will be so understanding, although he seems to be so far.

In fact, yesterday in his office, i didn't know how to bring this up, but I told him about the person who gave me terrible advice over the phone. I called in with a cold, and she told me that "any of the Tylenol products are safe to take. You can take Tylenol Cold and Sinus" so I'm thinking, "That has Sudafed in it" and I say, "What about Sudafed?" she answers with, "You can't take Sudafed in your first trimester" (What? I can't take Sudafed, but i can take Tylenol and Sudafed mixed together?)

Then she offered to call in a prescription for antibiotoics for me! I told her, "I don't need antibiotics, I have a cold." and then realized she was an idiot, and i might as well get off the phone.

Long story short (too late!) he told me he would have an office meeting to clarify what advice to give patients over the phone!

Anyway, back to you all.

Shannon, glad the popsicles are working for you.

Periwinkle, Congrats on your bean's heartbeat!

Mama2m&m, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Eeek! The bell is about to ring, I have to go!

· Registered
4,656 Posts
Kitty and Shannon, sorry you're suffering so much with the m/s. That really stinks. Hopefully not too much longer until you're feeling better.

Christi, I was convinced a couple of weeks ago that things were not okay, my symptoms (what few there were) went away for a few days, and I felt fine. possibly a little tired, but it was hard to tell. I was so worried, I was actually depressed and crying. I decided to ask my mom for an u/s, and saw the heartbeat! Then, of course, all the symptoms came back, and I've been feeling sick this week.

So, if your doc or midwife is willing, I'd tell them how you feel and ask for an u/s, it will make you feel so much better.

Heve, hope your u/s is reassuring! It is hard to see much at that stage, but you should be able to see the sac.

Ambam, I really hope the move goes well. It is hard to move while pregnant, but at least you're early. Last time I was pregnant and we moved, I was able to convince dh to hire movers.

· Registered
4,656 Posts
Ekblad, hope everything is going to be okay with you, I will keep you in my thoughts. Please let us know if you get in for an u/s.

Shannon, I'm so sorry about the arthrititis and m/s combo, it truly sounds miserable. Can you take some demerol for the pain? Is there anything besides popsicles you can keep down? I hope it gets better, I really do.

Ellie's mom, I'm sending you good u/s vibes for tomorrow.

I'm feeling kinda sickish today, so I'm going to go try and sip some mint tea now.

· Registered
4,656 Posts
Jenny, I'm so sorry. I wish I had words. I hope you are getting the support you need right now.

Shannon, I'm worried about you! Take care of yourself! Hopefully you will feel less sick in the second trimester, even with HG, right? How long will you be in the hospital for?

· Registered
4,656 Posts
I want to do hypnobirthing too! It is either that, or bradley, and I might end up trying both. I was pretty disappointed with myself for getting an epidural last time around, and since we only want 2, this is my last chance to go natural!

· Registered
4,656 Posts
Oh Shannon, I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how hard this is for you right now. I really hope things improve for you over the next few weeks as you get closer to the second trimester, both physically and emotionally. I just wish there was something we could do to help. Let us know if we can be anything more than a shoulder to lean on. I hope you're felling better today.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.