Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I did it :LOL

I had rice and steamed veggies for lunch. You can't get much blander than that and I still feel kind of :puke Argh!

Kater07 February
Chiku due Feb 1 birthing center
Parker'smommy (Heather) due Feb 1
Lisashepp (Lisa) due Feb 1
Dandylion (Stephanie) due Feb 2
Truvie due Feb 2
PeacefulVegan (who also answers to Tracie) due Feb 3
Lou due Feb 3
Kelly 1216 (Kelly) due Feb 3
Twin Mom (Deb) Due Feb 4, VBA2C homebirth
Free Thinker (Mandy) due Feb 5
HelloKitty (Kitty) due Feb 6
Letabug (Arleta) due Feb 6
LianneM due Feb 7 homebirth
TexasSuz (Susan) due Feb 7
Happymamajenni (Jenni) due Feb 7 hospital/OBGYN
LesleyLuu (Lesley) due Feb 7
DeirdreAlison (Deirdre) due 1st week Feb homebirth, maybe waterbirth
New Life Due Feb 8
Shannon 0218- due Feb 11 hospital birth with great OB
Tug due Feb 12
Firefly due Feb 13
Christi due Feb 14 hospital birth with fab OB
Periwinkle (Karen) due Feb 14
Fairymomma (Pamela) due Feb 14
Jorie (Margorie) due Feb 14
Ellie's Mom (Jenny) due Feb 14 homebirth
AmBam (Amber) due Feb 14 homebirth
Wtchyhlr (Joy) due Feb 14
Seren (Serenity) due Feb 16 birthing center/waterbirth
rose angel (Karen) due Feb 16
mama2m&m (Denise) due Feb 17
Karennnnn (Karen) due Feb 17
Coopsmama (Kristen) Due Feb 17
weesej (Jen) Due Feb 19 homebirth
mehndimama (Stell) due Feb 22 unassisted homebirth
*Amy* (Amy) due Feb 20 birthing center/possible water birth...?
heveasoul due Feb 24
Ekblad7 due Feb 28

· Registered
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I
my midwives! They are awesome! Even had dh all excited about the homebirth. I'm so happy. Still exhausted and that definately relates to how pukey I feel. I have to work tonight. Argh. The house is staying messy!

· Registered
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
OMG, go away for a few hours and there's like fifty posts to catch up on! :LOL I went out to Starbuck's after work so dh could put the kids to bed before I came home
: Isn't that awful? I felt so crappy I just didn't want to deal with anything. I felt really crappy there but at least I could sit and sip water in peace. I miss coffee.
I keep telling myself how worth it this all is and of course I know the end result is so worth it. I just hate this feeling of :puke all the time.

Yeah for the heartbeats that were seen and heard today!
That is so awesome! I really want to see my baby's heartbeat (or at least hear it) but there's a while to go until that. I'm 7 wks today, too. Only 5 more weeks of morning sickness! Then I can enjoy this pregnancy again!

Take care ladies!

· Registered
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I'm didn't get an ultra sound or anything but I know my midwives just want to be safe regarding fluid etc. They said they have to do an ultra sound at 42 wks if I haven't delivered yet because of safety reasons. I guess a due date is important for that. Other than that I'm happy saying that I'm due anywhere from mid February to mid March. That gives me lots of time to relax and just enjoy.

How's everyone feeling today? I'm OK right now. Did a bit of cleaning this morning. I made my older kids clean the bathrooms and laundry room :LOL Then I was able to make some bread and give a couple of baths. The baby is sleeping now so I think I will sneak in a shower. I'll be feeling like :puke in a few hours.

to everyone!

· Registered
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Well, I called the midwife last night. She considers it a "threatened miscarriage" and gave me some tinctures to take. I really want an ultra sound. I think I'm going to call my family practice dr. today and see if he can get me in. I'm on bedrest, which really sucks but will obviously be worth it if the baby is OK. I'm feeling less and less "pregnant" though. The m/s isn't really there today but that could be because I've had so much rest. I'm not really spotting today. Mostly it's blood when I wipe in a mucousy form. Sorry for TMI I'm just so freaked out.

Thanks for listening and
to all.

· Registered
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
I'm going nuts waiting to hear back from the dr. I want an ultrasound so bad. I'm afraid to get my hopes up but don't want to give up altogether either. Does that make sense? I feel so completely confused. I will accept whatever the outcome is but I would like to KNOW what it is, at least for today. Thanks for all of the well wishes.

· Registered
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
I'm starting the vit. E today and I have been doing some tinctures that the mw recommended as well. I'm so upset. Crying with worry now. How could I have ever gone through 5 pregnancies and not truly know how lucky I was to have little to no complications? I keep staring at the tiny baby stuff left out from when ds3 was a baby. I know it's making it worse and I should stop.

Good vibes for the u/s tomorrow Ellie's Mom (btw, Ellie is my niece's name and I love it!

· Registered
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
OK, I've been continueing with the herbs/vitamins and have an u/s scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. My family dr. is calling in progestrine (sp?) for me. Is this a good thing? I need to research it, I guess. Will it make me sick. Not that I care if it saves the baby I just want to know. I'm still freaking out.

· Registered
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
OK, Plan B is happening. I called my OB from before. I know I'm bad
but I just can't wait to know what's going on. So I'm going in there in about an hour. They're going to do an ultrasound there. I'm so nervous I feel like I could puke. I hope that's a good sign. I'll keep you posted and thank you all again.

· Registered
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
I'm back! And the saw a strong
I'm 6wks 2 days according to the u/s. So that makes my due date Feb 25 which is way closer to what I thought it was. Anyway, it was such a relief! Now just lots of rest for me. Hope you're all doing well and thank you SO much for getting me through this!

· Registered
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
to everyone and sticky vibes to the ultrasounders today. Let us know ASAP if everything is OK. Sounds like with the amount of us spotting around this time it may actually be somewhat normal? I had never spotted before. Anyway, I'm still laying around, basically, afraid to do too much. My house is disgusting and the kids are out of control.
Hopefully I can keep them busy today!

· Registered
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
I wanted to add that Wild Yam Root is awesome for m/s. I put it in my concoction to avoid miscarriage and then I stopped having m/s. Well, that freaked me out because I assumed that I wasn't pg anymore. Then when everything was OK with baby I looked up wild yam root and it is used to ease m/s. It worked great for me so far!

· Registered
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
I had the electronic sea band thingy (I think it's officially called the Relief band) worked OK with baby 4 but not at all the last two times. I took the
b-6 and Unisom last night
: I know, I'm awful. I just felt so desperate. I feel like garbage, my kids were totally fending for themselves. Anyway, it worked like a charm. I hope my baby isn't born with two heads. I was actually able to eat some decent food this morning including fruit which has made me :puke since sometime last week.

· Registered
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
Thank you so much for that! I researched some on the web. I just felt like I needed something and if this worked it would really be worth it. It is working and I feel somwhate normal again.

Hang in there!

· Registered
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
The OB gave me Reglan too but I figured I would try the unisom mix first. I feel alright right now and it didn't knock me out last night like I thought it would. I'm nervous it's going to wear off, though. They didn't tell me how often I could take the unisom but am assuming only once/day.

· Registered
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by shannon0218
Ekblad, you can take a large dose before bed and a dose in the morning and a dose in the early afternoon. You have to get a "level" in your system if it's going to keep working. This is my problem, it works until I start to puke, then it wears off and I can't keep anything down.
OK, I know you're not a doc so won't hold you to anything :LOL but Is it hte same for Unisom? It's 25 mg.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.