Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
892 Posts
with my ds we did all the "normal" and "expected" stuff and were patted on the back, etc. then i discovered what's really important and matters in raising children and suddenly we were being questioned on everything we did and i was constantly defending my choices.

in the end i think what someone else said is that they like to hear themselves talk. plus i think the generations before us want to be validated for the way they parented as if since we do it differently that makes their way wrong. which may or may not be the case.

i started just nodding my head and saying something banal such as "oh okay" or "things have changed so much" or even "well, my doctor said to do it this way." okay so the last one was a cop out but it did the trick when needed LOL!

you know that however you parent is because that's what you feel is best and while it's nice to educate and inform people it's okay to let people talk because they want to talk, without agreeing with them or feeling the need to defend yourself.

yeah once you get pg and then actually ahve the baby, people come out with all sorts of "advice" sometimes it's really funny LOL.

· Registered
892 Posts
hello everyone!

mehndi mama, my last pg i had an early u/s because of spotting. her machine measured exactly how far along i thought i was based on ovulation since i chart. at first she tried to do the regular calculations but i ovulate later than average so she accepted my dates and they matched the u/s. it was pretty cool.

amy, glad you're feeling better!!!!

parker's mommy, i have hardly any pants that still fit. ihave some shorts that are elastic band but other than that i'm too bloated. i dont' mind so much wearing maternity clothes as long as they're cute lol. but i'll wear anything that's comfortable.

ravenmoon, glad your counts are good!

jenny, thinking of you! i hope all goes well friday

so i feel remarkably well today. i did eat a hamburger last night but i can't believe that's the cause. my boobs hurt less. i feel so not pg and that scares the crap out of me. i'm so worried ladies. i think i'm going to cry. did i jinx another pg? i did ask for the m/s to be taken away but i hope that means my pg isn't taken away as well. do i sound like a nut? i have my appt. tomorrow and i think i'm losing it. sorry to sound like a crazy and hope i'm not bringing everyone down. i have no one to talk to right now. i can't wait until tomorrow is over.

· Registered
892 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellie'sMom
Big
Denise. You know I know where you're coming from. You are NOT going to jinx anything with wishing you weren't sick.

Trying to catch up on work, so no time for a real post. Just had to pop over and give a hug and a dope slap to m&m.

thanks jenny, i needed that!

· Registered
892 Posts
ambam, that's pretty sucky! i hope the moves go well and you get into you new place really soon!

wtchyhlr - at this point i'd say almost anything is normal LOL. not sure which is worse but hope you feel better soon.

heve, good luck today!! you *may* be able to see a heartbeat depending on the machine. i hope to see one too.

thanks ravenmoon and fairymama. I sure needed the hugs and verbal reminders. I had totally forgotten my mantra in my despair. just a few more hours now.

lesly, that person sounds like a dodo! hope that you're feeling better soon.

peri, glad the visit went well!

mehndi, i like that response! maybe i'll borrow it
i'm getting feisty in my old age

shannon, i hope things are still going okay. how are the popsickles working out??

· Registered
892 Posts
thanks for all the tips. think i'll try a few of those. i'm having a bad day today which started as soon as i got home alst night. almost threw up on the front doorstep while my kids were fighting in the other room.
they didn't even notice me throw everything down on the floor and race up the stairs LOL.

i'll be so glad when this part is over.

christi,
i hope you're able to get that u/s and that all is well.

· Registered
892 Posts
ekblad!!!!! call your midwife! it may turn out to be nothing, but i always err on the side of caution
i hope everything is okay!!

i'm glad to hear the good reports today. I have one too! saw the heartbeat at the u/s. she set the dd at 2/16 which is one day before i thought. anyhoo, i think i'll use mendhi's approach and just say mid-february! now i can relax for a couple of hours LOL!

· Registered
892 Posts
shannon, hope you're feeling better soon. i think i might come deliver in your neck ofthe woods lol! i really like my doctor but the hospitals around here leave a lot to be desired.

suz, i got one this time because she was doing some other tests. i didn't get one last pg because i'd just had one. now i won't have to get another til after the baby is born. the ironic thing is i didn't have to have any bloodwork done because the bloodwork i had done when i got pg last time was still good. although i'd rather get stuck than a pelvic. that speculum was so cold it made me ache. not a pleasant feeling.

we'll we're off to spend the night in a camper with my folks. not exactly looking forward to that but the kids will ahve a good time. enjoy your 4th everyone and happy belated canada day to you northerners!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.