Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3,011 Posts
They had their chance to do it their way with their babies, and now it's your turn, and it's not up for discussion. You'll be happy to provide them with concrete evidence that co-sleeping is not more dangerous than crib-sleeping, and that co-sleepers do not grow up warped.

How's that?

Still oozing around like a slug here.....DH is bringing Subway home for dinner.

· Registered
3,011 Posts
I have a question - are you all actually believing the "adjusted due-dates" based on your ultrasounds? I don't want to step on anyones' toes, because I know that many of you need these sonograms right now for various reasons, but this whole trend of "I went in for my ultrasound today, and they moved my due-date up" really gets me steamed. A baby doesn't care what it's due-date is - it's gonna come out when it's fully cooked, no matter what the ultrasound says! And if the us is saying your're further along than your chart was saying, then you're dealing with a doctor who is more likely to say you're post-dates when the time comes, even when there's a possibility that you aren't. (Has anyone been reading the pre-40 week induction thread in Birth & Beyond?)

Anyway, just thought I'd ask. Something to think about, if anything.

· Registered
3,011 Posts
Man, I thought I was feeling bad yesterday....but after reading your posts, Shannon, I should just suck it up & count my blessings!

BTW, I wasn't refuting the validity of us measuring a baby for gestational age early in the pregnancy - just the wisdom of adjusting the due-date because of it. So many people seem to put such faith in their specific due-date these days.....but the baby comes when it's ready to, no matter what the due-date is, yk? I don't know - maybe I'm just disdainful of due-dates in general
: I'm one of those people who answers the "when are you due?" question with "Oh, sometime in February". They always get wierd on me - "Don't you know the exact due date?!?!" Of course I don't! Only God knows that! :LOL

· Registered
3,011 Posts
Ginger (if you can tolerate it) is supposed to settle the stomach - ginger beer, ginger candies, crystallized ginger, fresh gingerroot matchsticks...whatever. They make ginger lozenges for motion sickness, too.

I've been craving fresh fruit - nectarines & cantaloupe mostly. I ate 5 nectarines yesterday.

I'm having the intestinal ickies, too - I think it's just because I'm not eating worth crap - nothin' to hold it all together, and I'm gassy to boot. Burping all the time....and I NEVER burp!

I succumbed to the craving yesterday & ate an ice cream sandwich that was in the freezer calling my name
: I'm gonna eat another one pretty soon. But I *did* just put up 14 yogurt popsicles, so those should be ready by tonight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.