Mothering Forum banner
21 - 40 of 166 Posts

· Registered
11,617 Posts
Lesley, that's great about the low chance of c-section for you!!! As for when you O'd, I'd also go with the temp spike--you weren't sick or anything then were you??
Seren, I have cried a couple times, I'm trying to hide it from Steve as he's so worried he's hurt me, so I just shimmy off to the bathroom.
So far I've kept down some kraft dinner tonight and at least one glass of juice (I never drink juice but I figured it was better than nothing)

· Registered
534 Posts
Evening Ladies

Shannon, that is such good news to hear. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your honeymoon and then come back to this wonderful news!

Amy, The other day my mom asked me where we were going to put the baby. I said that we are going to get a bigger bed. We all sleep in a queen now. She didn't even argue. I guess she finally sees how easy and healthy ds is. When ds sleeps at her house he sleeps alone and is fine with that.

Today I actually had energy. I didn't get anything accomplished in my house. ds and I played outside all day. We have been having such unusual weather for the last week. It was only 70 today. I feel guilty because I haven't had the energy to take ds out. So today we had fun at the park.

I haven't felt any ligament pain for the last week or so. It is kind of strange not to have it. I definately had it a lot both times I was preg.

Twinmom, How far along were you when you found out that you were having twins? DId the doctors treat you different when you found out? I was thinking about that the other day when I was reading a story about doctors who didn't know that a woman was having twins and the babies were still healthy. My Grandma was surprised with twins and everything was fine. That was 61 years ago. Is it really necessary to be classified high risk if you are having twins? If you are not experiencing any diffuculties. I'm just wondering what you opinion is since you have experienced them.

· Registered
1,639 Posts
Lesley: I'd say CD 15 if you are pretty confident about your CM consistency and cervical position. In fact, I've rarely seen such a pretty chart! You had all the signs and GIO'd at the perfect times!

Periwinkle: Thanks for the crossed fingers. I am still so freaked out about posting here, so I really understand why you've been lurking. I have an u/s on Friday. I should be 7w4days (or 6 days or 2 days, I'm a little confused about my o date), so I should be able to see a hb. Good luck with your u/s. Sending you lots of healthy singleton baby vibes!!

Shannon: WOOHOO!!! Yay squirmy baby!

Ekblad: I'm glad you have great midwives! I am playing phone tag right now with a local CNM who does homebirths. I can't wait to meet her.

Lesley: What a relief that the herpes sounds manageable. I'm sorry about the rough day. The kids were nuts our last week of school as well, but for me that just meant treating lots of injuries from fights and playground injuries. OT, but I would love to hear more about the school you are in. This was my first year working in a school. It is such a unique culture!

Amy: My FIL is the king of unsolicited advice. I want to second what others have said about just keeping it as a non-issue if possible, especially at this point. I should tell you that I had some passionate discussions with the ILs about co-sleeping before dd was born. Ultimately, co-sleeping did not work for us. Ellie is a really light sleeper (like her mama) and she sleeps better in her own space. I hated the satisfied look on FIL's face when he heard that we bought a crib. Argh. On the other hand, I never discussed EBF with FIL (though I know he thought it was wierd), but I just kept nursing her. When we saw the ILs at Christmas, FIL commented on how independent and adventurous dd is. He also saw her nurse a ton. I am hoping just seeing my terrific kid made the argument. If you need to, maybe just say something like, "Well, we'll do what works for our family." That's my fallback now.

Mehndi: Hope your sluggitude ends soon!

Raven: Sending good beta vibes!

Things were much better today. My mom is here now, and dd is sooo happy to have her GM to play with. It takes lots of pressure off, but I really miss dh!

· Registered
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
OMG, go away for a few hours and there's like fifty posts to catch up on! :LOL I went out to Starbuck's after work so dh could put the kids to bed before I came home
: Isn't that awful? I felt so crappy I just didn't want to deal with anything. I felt really crappy there but at least I could sit and sip water in peace. I miss coffee.
I keep telling myself how worth it this all is and of course I know the end result is so worth it. I just hate this feeling of :puke all the time.

Yeah for the heartbeats that were seen and heard today!
That is so awesome! I really want to see my baby's heartbeat (or at least hear it) but there's a while to go until that. I'm 7 wks today, too. Only 5 more weeks of morning sickness! Then I can enjoy this pregnancy again!

Take care ladies!

· Registered
1,639 Posts
OMG you chatty pattys! In the time it took me to write my post (I was talking to my mom too, so granted it was like 45 minutes.) there were 5 more posts!!

I'm going to curl up in bed and read my new Mothering mag. You all tire me out.

· Registered
1,631 Posts
Yay Shannon!Congrats on hearing that lovely heartbeat.I can't wait to hear it.Two weeks for me.

My beta's were better then expected they went from 33 to 213 in two days.I'll know todays results on Wed.

Now i am feeling good about this one.Even better once i see the heartbeat!

Hi everyone~

· Registered
2,744 Posts
Hi ladies!!

Ive been mia for awhile because Ive just been too sick to even post. I wish I would just throw up and feel slightly better for awhile but alas, I just feel crappy. I feel like you do Amy- Lets get on with this sickness stuff and enjoy this pregnancy!!! I remember the 2nd trimester to be the best part of the pregnancy. We shall see if this holds true for this bean.

I'm glad to see so many mamas joining us here!! I am due Feb 1st so I joined up when it was just a few of us, left to lay on the couch for a few weeks and actually felt up to posting tonight and wow, we are full!!!!

I'm so happy and jealous to see so many homebirthing mamas here too! Wow, that is great!! Im attempting a vbac and havent been able to find a midwife to do it so now I am going to try the most awesome OB to help me with my birthing goals......

Also, congrats to all those seeing and hearing their babes....so awesome, especially those first time mamas hearing it for the first time....I remember it so well with ds!!!

have a great week ladies and hopefully we all start to feel better!!!!

and oh, is anyone already feeling too big to wear their clothes????I heard that you popped out faster with your second, but geez, Im only 8 weeks!!!!!!!! I REFUSE to wear maternity clothes this early!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
2,651 Posts
Good morning all!

First, HOORAY to everyone who saw/heard heartbeats!
I'm so happy for y'all! I can't wait til I get to that point in my own pregnancy. I have my first appointment tomorrow, but it is with the nurse just to gather my medical history so I don't think I will be able to hear anything. I may try to convince them to use the doppler, so keep your fingers crossed for me!

Thanks to everyone for your wise words regarding the nay-sayers and buttinksis! I think the "we'll do what's best for the family" is the best approach, with a few "I see your point"s added for good measure. This is only the second time I will have interacted with the in-laws, so perhaps it's a bit too early in the marriage and pregnancy to begin alienating them! LOL

I have been in the best mood the past couple of days,and it feels *really* good. DH and I went to see that documentary Supersize Me last night (excellent, by the way), and we were walking around the little town where the indie theater is afterwards, joking around like we usually do (before nausea and moodiness) and he said, "you sure are in a good mood tonight," and I said, "it won't last." But I woke up this morning again feeling really good, so I'm just going to enjoy it while it lasts. My nausea has been minimal the past two days, too, and I even got a day's respite from the never-ending breast pain...so it's been a good 36 hours for me so far. I hope it continues at least through the day because I have to go back to the old apartment one final time to clean and get the rest of my clothes. Not looking forward to that, but at least it'll be OVER today.

On that note, I'd better get my butt up and moving.
Have a great day everyone!

· Registered
3,011 Posts
I have a question - are you all actually believing the "adjusted due-dates" based on your ultrasounds? I don't want to step on anyones' toes, because I know that many of you need these sonograms right now for various reasons, but this whole trend of "I went in for my ultrasound today, and they moved my due-date up" really gets me steamed. A baby doesn't care what it's due-date is - it's gonna come out when it's fully cooked, no matter what the ultrasound says! And if the us is saying your're further along than your chart was saying, then you're dealing with a doctor who is more likely to say you're post-dates when the time comes, even when there's a possibility that you aren't. (Has anyone been reading the pre-40 week induction thread in Birth & Beyond?)

Anyway, just thought I'd ask. Something to think about, if anything.

· Registered
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I'm didn't get an ultra sound or anything but I know my midwives just want to be safe regarding fluid etc. They said they have to do an ultra sound at 42 wks if I haven't delivered yet because of safety reasons. I guess a due date is important for that. Other than that I'm happy saying that I'm due anywhere from mid February to mid March. That gives me lots of time to relax and just enjoy.

How's everyone feeling today? I'm OK right now. Did a bit of cleaning this morning. I made my older kids clean the bathrooms and laundry room :LOL Then I was able to make some bread and give a couple of baths. The baby is sleeping now so I think I will sneak in a shower. I'll be feeling like :puke in a few hours.

to everyone!

· Registered
892 Posts
hello everyone!

mehndi mama, my last pg i had an early u/s because of spotting. her machine measured exactly how far along i thought i was based on ovulation since i chart. at first she tried to do the regular calculations but i ovulate later than average so she accepted my dates and they matched the u/s. it was pretty cool.

amy, glad you're feeling better!!!!

parker's mommy, i have hardly any pants that still fit. ihave some shorts that are elastic band but other than that i'm too bloated. i dont' mind so much wearing maternity clothes as long as they're cute lol. but i'll wear anything that's comfortable.

ravenmoon, glad your counts are good!

jenny, thinking of you! i hope all goes well friday

so i feel remarkably well today. i did eat a hamburger last night but i can't believe that's the cause. my boobs hurt less. i feel so not pg and that scares the crap out of me. i'm so worried ladies. i think i'm going to cry. did i jinx another pg? i did ask for the m/s to be taken away but i hope that means my pg isn't taken away as well. do i sound like a nut? i have my appt. tomorrow and i think i'm losing it. sorry to sound like a crazy and hope i'm not bringing everyone down. i have no one to talk to right now. i can't wait until tomorrow is over.

· Registered
11,617 Posts
Stell, my U/S also measured to the day of when I know I ovulated (I had IUI and cycle monitoring so I know when I ovulated within about 4 hours)
My previous pregnancy however, the first U/S showed the baby measuring 5 days small--which in retrospect was do to IUGR that proceeded to get worse--my OB changed my due date to give me more time, she said she wouldnt' change it if I was measuring 5 days older, but that when baby measures small, she changes it so nobody panics if baby is "late" However, I do know that my OB is an exception where common sense is concerned.
I'm still very sick today, I'm worried my ob will put me on IV again today. But I did keep some kraft dinner down last night.

· Registered
1,287 Posts
So sorry to hear about all the morning sickess, ladies.

So far, all I am dealing with is a little queasiness, knock on wood. And last night I got an extra hour of sleep, and I think that has helped matters. Right now I am enjoying a cup of Brown Cow full fat yogurt, which cream on top and chocolate sauce on the bottom. Mmmm.

Last night I thought there was a little spotting, but today everything seems fine.

Hang in there 'til tomorrow, mama2m&m. Thinking of you.

· Registered
1,631 Posts
U/S done in the first trimester are accurate by a 3 day margin.They can measure much better during this time.I have a midwife so i am not worried about induction.I inducted myself last time with castor oil and acupuncture because i was 43 weeks and i knew i was 43 weeks.My baby came out very dry and there wasn't much amniotic fluid left.I feel i know my body fairly well but with my history of miscarriage i feel i need the reassurance of a first trimester U/S.I know the risks.

Feeling quesy today and loving it!

· Registered
1,639 Posts
Big
Denise. You know I know where you're coming from. You are NOT going to jinx anything with wishing you weren't sick.

Trying to catch up on work, so no time for a real post. Just had to pop over and give a hug and a dope slap to m&m.

· Registered
4,656 Posts
My ultrasound actually measured the baby smaller than I thought, and gave me a later due date. The reason I'm asking about it is that I had some confusion with charting this cycle (EWCM past the O date given to me by FF, as well as + OPK's past that date) I was new to charting CP this month, so while I think CD 15 was the only day I had HSO, I'm not 100% certain that I didn't also have it on CD 16 and/or 17. Finally, my temps on CD 16 and 17 are unreliable, due to night waking, so this month's O wasn't really clear to me. I suppose a few days doesn't matter, but I thought I was 7w6d yesterday, and my biggest measurment was 7w1d. I just want to make sure that everything is going okay, and baby is developing normally (no IUGR).

My OB is very cool though, and he said because of the position of the baby he was having a hard time measuring. Since I was charting, he thinks my O date was pretty accurate, and instead of moving my EDD to 2/14 or 2/15, he moved it only to 2/9.

But I still think baby might come in january.

· Registered
892 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellie'sMom
Big
Denise. You know I know where you're coming from. You are NOT going to jinx anything with wishing you weren't sick.

Trying to catch up on work, so no time for a real post. Just had to pop over and give a hug and a dope slap to m&m.

thanks jenny, i needed that!

· Registered
11,617 Posts
Well I'm back and I'm not on IV yet. Turns out I can keep down popsicles so she told me to eat lots of them all day and try to eat something solid and drink lots of water during my 2 hour window in the evening when I'm not too bad. Oddly I feel much better just after eating 3 popsicles. She says as long as I don't get dehydrated she's willing to leave me with no IV. She also suggested that when I come into town in the evening to take home my daycare dogs I can pop into labour and delivery for a shot of gravol--that way I'd be more likely to keep down dinner. So a few options, none of which require a hospital bed or nurses coming to my house. She also said I was actually on a low dose of the diclectin and I can basically double it--which is good to know, I had been puking up the first dose about a half hour after taking it but didn't want to retake it as I didn't know how much had been absorbed, so now if I hurl I can retake it and hope I can get a decent dose in.

· Registered
3,011 Posts
Man, I thought I was feeling bad yesterday....but after reading your posts, Shannon, I should just suck it up & count my blessings!

BTW, I wasn't refuting the validity of us measuring a baby for gestational age early in the pregnancy - just the wisdom of adjusting the due-date because of it. So many people seem to put such faith in their specific due-date these days.....but the baby comes when it's ready to, no matter what the due-date is, yk? I don't know - maybe I'm just disdainful of due-dates in general
: I'm one of those people who answers the "when are you due?" question with "Oh, sometime in February". They always get wierd on me - "Don't you know the exact due date?!?!" Of course I don't! Only God knows that! :LOL

· Registered
8,690 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mehndi mama
I have a question - are you all actually believing the "adjusted due-dates" based on your ultrasounds? I don't want to step on anyones' toes, because I know that many of you need these sonograms right now for various reasons, but this whole trend of "I went in for my ultrasound today, and they moved my due-date up" really gets me steamed.
Absolutely not. For me, I know 100% for certain when I O'd, so I will always know my due date regardless of what a sono says. It is important for ME to know my due date, because it really does matter if you experience problems whether you're 27 weeks or 28 (example). BIG differences in just a few days here or there.

Onto happy news!!

I just had my first OB checkup and sono. I had a sono because I needed to know if I was carrying twins again -- no way we could risk waiting til 20 weeks for that (it would change everything for me: what I eat, what I do, how I mentally prepare, labor/delivery options, etc etc.). Anyway...

We saw a good strong heartbeat (150 bpm!
) and a beautiful little smudge of a baby! (head, spine, arm/leg buds -- too cute)

I know "anything can happen at any time" but it is SUCH a relief to know that once you detect a heartbeat via sono, the risk of miscarriage plummets to <3-5%. I am someone who really needs to work on the "relax and enjoy it" factor -- to be honest, I think I'm still a little traumatized from my last (twin, high-risk, monitored-to-death) pregnancy and need to just breathe and enjoy this pregnancy and the babe growing inside me!

This is me working on relaxing and being happy...

Also good news: my OB says "definitely a go" re: supporting me trying for a VBAC.
I have some increased risks (bad adhesions from a previous surgery etc) that make it important for me to labor in a hospital just in case, and to be honest that's a lot more in line with my own personal comfort zone anyway... but he also said he was more than happy to let labor start on its own up to 43 weeks (hey, 43's not bad, he's still an OB after all - but I'll take the extra week!) and is very much in support of vaginal birth. I'm also going to start looking into getting a doula. My primary goal is baby's health - I'm not really someone who puts a lot of stock in how baby is brought into the world provided baby and I are healthy, so mostly I'm looking to maximize outcome. Currently, the best outcome would be VBAC (for both of us), but I also know things change, so I'm going to be flexible and realize birth plans aren't set in stone. Ultimately, it's good to know my OB is very supportive of VBAC goals, regardless.

21 - 40 of 166 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.