Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, just need to get it out!

I'm pissed! - and its not something normal people should be mad about, I suppose.

I've been craving hot dogs and mac n cheese for dinner ALL day long! My cousin said she was having that for dinner and it's something we ate often as children for lunch after church on Sundays. So yeah, not healthy in the least bit, but I've been craving it. I decide to eat that for dinner tonight (and to feed it to my kids... yes, stone me if you must LOL). Anyways, my mom cooked tonight. (We all live together since my dad died, shes not ready to live alone, and I appreciate the help she provides with the kids). So mom is cooking mac n cheese, boiling hot dogs, and she made some hash browns on the skillet.

I've been craving this alllll dayyyyy looooong, by the time it's done cooking, I am so ready to puke. The smell of this crap makes me want to HURL. I am so mad. I was able to get down 1/2 the hotdog and maybe 4 bites of mac n cheese. I couldn't even tough the hashbrowns. UGH!!!!!

Sorry for the irrational rant, but geeeez!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
That does suck! The same thing happened to me when we went out for mexican food. I forced myself to eat three bites and had it wrapped up. I did end up eating it for breakfast the next morning though.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I so know what you mean! I was craving veal parm last night and my husband brought me some home and I could not eat it. It tasted so off! He ate it and said it was fine. I ended up having rolls with butter for dinner.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I know exactly what you mean! I was totally craving hardboiled eggs. I made them, pealed them, then sat down to eat them, and just the smell and tiny taste I took was enough to make me puke. I was so upset!! And same thing happened with my Chinese food cravings. Wanted it all day long, ordered it for dinner with DH, then couldn't eat it.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Oh, I've so been there and it so sucks! I was craving this roasted portabella salad with mustard dressing that is oh so yummy, and the whole time I was making it I was drooling. When it was finally ready I thought I was going to die because the first few bites were so good and then all of a sudden something switched and I just about hurled. I couldn't even look at the bowl in the kitchen and now just the thought of it makes me gaggy.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one. LOL. I have also been craving pizza from a little pizza place down on St. George Street in historic St. Augustine. So I drove down there last night and got a slice. It didn't hit the spot like I had expected after craving it for so long LOL - but I was able to eat it and keep it down - woohoo! haha

Chinese sounds really good now haha... and so does Mexican. My husband is Mexican so maybe I can talk him into cooking tomorrow night LOL. He's going to help my grandma do something tonight. lol.

Tonight we are having baked ziti though, ;-( Definitely not something I feel like eating haha.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I so totally know what you're talking about. It is so hard to find something, anything that sounds appealing, and then to have it turn on you! So unfair!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Talk about disgusting cravings... I saw a taco bell commercial and something inside of me said "ooo that sounds so good". Don't worry though, I'm not going anywhere near a taco bell!!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, every first trimester, I eat like a pig - all types of crap! I do get in my veggies and fruits (I'm addicted to fruit) but I just plain eat badly LOL. I make up for it in the 2nd and 3rd though. LOL. I just can't help it.

The sound of a soft taco from Taco Bell sounds really really good... but the last time we ate there (the only place open at midnight on our way home from a Ghost Tour in St. Augustine), I got to the bottom of a bag of cinnamon twists and found a baby cockroach crawling around - ALIVE! I now can promise I will never go there again LOL - I'll just wait until breakfast next time I'm out that late haha.

·
Registered
948 Posts
argh!I had the same thing happen yesterday!!!
I wanted lasagne for like, the past week and a half, so I finally made some yesterday and could only eat half a slice. :p :p HOW ANNOYING!!

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
I understand exactly how you feel. I am now officially in the barfing phase my pregnancy (which will last until I give birth) and every once in a while, something will sound good and then the next minute, it just sounds gross and awful. For lunch today, I looked in the cupboard, looked in the fridge and nothing looked good. We have a ton of food in the house and NONE of it looks good??? I envy pregnant woman who can eat and eat during pregnancy.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
haha me too! Lunch for me today was a slice of bread - everything else just didn't sound good. We went full out grocery shopping yesterday and NOTHING looks good - but I knew if I didn't eat something - anything - that I would be even more nauseas with nothing on my stomach.... so bread it was LOL - and a sprite.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
In my first trimester I had the worst craving for cheese doodles. Like cheesies but puffier. I finally broke down and bought a bag and ... they were awful. I barely got 5 down before I had to vomit. Then I was blessed with really bad stomach cramps for the rest of that day. I so paid for my junk food craving.

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
I've had that happen countless times this pregnancy. Often, it is with a non-vegan item (au gratin potatoes, for example), so I spend all of this time coming up with a recipe to veganize it, cooking it, and then get to the dinner table and not want it AT ALL. So annoying. I feel your pain.

And I, too, have been craving hot dogs in mac and cheese.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm so disgusted with myself. I normally eat very healthy and had visions of eating so well in my first pregancy. I'm 10.5 weeks and its been a constant battle with food. And then last week I ate a cheeseburger from mcdonalds. OMG. gross. gross. gross. But it was good. So I don't care if I broke a 10-year rule against fast food. I needed to eat something. I hope I start craving real food again soon.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think the first trimester can be given a little bit of a pass. I mean you get what you can get down, eat a little stuff that you normally wouldn't allow yourself to.... it's the only time in your life that you are TRYING to gain weight (unless you have a medical issue). So a cheeseburger from McDonald's is bad, but don't beat yourself up over it. At this point, I'm eating what I can keep down - most of it isn't very healthy. haha. But I've had a 20 year history of eating fast food (mom didn't cook, dad worked nights, 2 people to feed so we went out LOL) so healthy foods are still a struggle for me. So when I'm nauseas, it sometimes doesn't stay down haha. In the 2nd trimester, I will do better.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
I'm having the same problems. No normal whole foods that I usually eat sound good. I just want junk. And I will crave something, then once I go to eat it, it will be so sickening I can't even take a bite. My worst problem is that I need protein, and meat is making me gag. I can't wait until the second trimester when I stop feeling so gross--I am going to be taking swings of Floradix at this rate.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
oh gosh, me too! i can usually eat something i'm craving *one time* and then after that, it sounds disgusting. i've never had such immediate aversions before. i was craving pickles last night, bought two big jars, ate a few today and now i can't even look at them.

pinksprkly, me too on the veganizing everything! my vegan fudge is cooling right now and it looks so gross.

tiffany, that baby cockroach is disgusting!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.