Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
43,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister's getting married in Oct. First off- I was supposed to have a 6wk old baby then..... add to that I had to look at bridesmaids dresses today.

Arg.

I'm heavier than I've ever been- I gained weight as if I was pregnant (go figure) but since there was no baby (blighted ovum) it all went to ME and it's all still there.

AND I really hope to be pregnant by then... (hopefully I'm oing some time this week...) the only dress that would work at all was a maternity dress... which is cool- If I'm pregnant then... but I've got to order it within the next month or so.

arg.

that's all.

-Angela

· Registered
2,025 Posts
:

I hate that feeling . . . all the weight and no baby.

FWIW, trying to make it to the gym and resisting the nightly ice cream fix (which I had despite myself tonight!) has helped a little . . .

. . .but not enough yet. Sorry about the dress/reminder-of-what-should-have-been. Life is crummy sometimes.

· Registered
139 Posts
Oh, Angela, I'm right there with you.

My sister's getting married next month. I was supposed to be 8 months pregnant. I'm not

I too feel fat, especially now that I know it wasn't baby fat.

I hate my dress. Not in the usual bridesmaid's way, but because I dread standing there, in front of my whole family, in this stupid dress that everyone will recognize as a maternity dress despite efforts to alter it. My only solace is that everyone should be looking at my sister and not me.

IMHO, be careful ordering that maternity dress. Mine has become the most painful symbol of my loss.

Best wishes.

· Registered
43,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ugh. I'm so sorry. I can't imagine. Unfortunately in the maker she wants NONE of the styles fit my body type EXCEPT the maternity dress....
:

But yeah, I can't bring myself to order it yet. Everyone just keeps saying it can be altered (and this one could... it would just look like an empire waist) but I don't know if I could stand it.

Here's hoping I O this week and we catch the little bugger....

-Angela

· Registered
43,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's not that I find it flattering, it's just that it has more hope of fitting than the others
:

I just don't know if I have the heart to wear a maternity dress if I'm STILL not pg by then.

-Angela

· Registered
1,830 Posts
Me too.

Miscarried at the beginning of May, SIL is getting married next May, I hope to have a little one by then...but either way...I could be too pregnant to fly, flying with a little tiny one...and worried about the dress fit with babies/pregnancy/weight gain issues....or, depressed about neither of the above.

Sigh.

Oh, and I gained the wait, and it's still here too. Grr.

Hugs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.