Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we've all come across the argument, "DH says that he's sensitive enough, his equipment works fine, no problems," blah, blah, blah. Of course we've also heard about circ'ed men that have problems. As an intact male, this got me to thinking. Aside from the complaints I've read about insensitive/uneducated partners, I haven't come across any instances of sexual problems associated w/ ones intact status. In other words, an intact DH could say, "I'm sensitive enough, my equipment works fine, no problems, blah, blah, blah."

Assuming then that the circ'ed DH's statements are true (which they most likely aren't) that would mean that they're no better off and no worse off than the intact man. Final result of a circumcision then? The child ends up in the same position later in life but is subjected to unconsented, needless surgery w/ all of its inherent risks.

I realize that this is simply the "it's cosmetic surgery" argument. Just was thinking about this particular pro-circ argument.

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
I see your point: BUT

I've seen it compared to colorsighted vs colorblindness

Both people can see. just one sees in black and white and the other sees in full spectrum color. It's hard for the colorsighted person to tell the colorblind person that he/she is missing something. Both can see well enough to avoid the day to day hazzards. But....

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
The problem is, a man who was circ'ed as an infant has no way of comparing his equipment to an intact man, since he's never experienced having a frenulum or a ridged band. All he knows is what he's got. He simply doesn't know any better.

The ones who really complain are those who were circ'ed as adults. They KNOW what they are missing. The sad part is, most of them could have kept their foreskins if they'd had more knowledgable doctors.

The knowledge that circ. affects an adult man's sexuality is what has turned me into an intactivist. This is knowledge I simply did not have a year ago, and I'm a person who prides herself on being well-informed. Most people still don't know this, and I suspect that most Americans don't WANT to know it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by njeb
The problem is, a man who was circ'ed as an infant has no way of comparing his equipment to an intact man, since he's never experienced having a frenulum or a ridged band. All he knows is what he's got. He simply doesn't know any better.
That's just it. I KNOW that things just aren't the same no matter what the other side has to say. IRL, my brother gave me this argument and after getting him to entertain the possibility that he's missing out on something, I made the above point - that even if you assume that there is no loss of sensitivity and no complications, once you recognize that it's purely cosmetic, then you're admitting that you're just subjecting your child to unconsented, needless surgery.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsMoe
I could have sexual relations just fine if the skin was removed off of my clitoris
Well, maybe and maybe not. Back in the 1980's, there was a doctor who was removing the clitoral hood from women without telling them what he was doing. He was called "Dr. Love" because he thought he was doing these women a favor by making the clitoris more exposed for stimulation. It didn't work for most of them. It exposed the clitoris too much and made it too available for stimulation and that much stimulation was painful to them. It was so bad for some of the women that they were no longer able to participate in sex.

The clitoral hood has a function most don't know about. During sex, the area around the clitoris including the clitoral hood is stretched toward the vaginal opening. This pulls the hood over the clitoris and instead of the clitoris getting direct stimulation, it is stimulated by the inside surface of the clitoral hood. Removing the hood removes that function and most women find it uncomfortable or painful.

Dr. Love (whatever his real name was) lost his license to practice and If I remember correctly, he spent a few years in prison. Many of his women victims sued him though I doubt many got much of anything out of their suits.

You just can't do much to improve the human body and especially the genitals. Without properly functioning genitals, our species would cease to exist. If either male or female genitals were defective, there would be a heck of a lot fewer of us on this big blue marble if any at all.

Frank

·
Registered
361 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankly Speaking
You just can't do much to improve the human body and especially the genitals. Without properly functioning genitals, our species would cease to exist. If either male or female genitals were defective, there would be a heck of a lot fewer of us on this big blue marble if any at all.

Frank

I love the way you put things. So true!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.