Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, dd, who turns nine months old tomorrow <gasp> seems to be teething.<br><br>
DH had just assumed I would wean then, because of the teeth. (He was raised by FF and is very supportive, I'm just the first breast feeder he has known.) He sees how she chews on her bottles of EBM when I'm at work, and is worried she will do that to me.<br><br>
I've done the "I can't suck on the straw and bite it" demonstration.<br><br>
He is worried about her hurting me. I want to be able to tell him, and I need to know what to do about biting.<br><br>
So what do you do to deal with biting?

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
Honestly, biting was never an issue for us. A few times she rests her teeth on me or turns her head, but she never *bit* me really.<br><br>
-Angela

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
My son bit me quite a lot, and there are things you can do to teach them gently how to stop that if it happens. Not all babies bite! Mine would tend to bite at the end of a feeding when he was bored, or when he didn't really want to nurse. I had to watch him carefully but by doing that I could tell easily when he was about to bite. I would stop him before he could bite, so I prevented it before it could happen.<br><br>
If you do wind up getting bitten, there are a lot of things you can do that will teach your baby how to stop, just post here and we'll help you!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
i would tell dh that i'm a big girl and understand that my baby has no idea that biting hurts me and BFing is more important than a bit of pain while my DD is learning about a new body part..... my dd just got her first 2 at 5mo and bites a little and i wouldn't dream of weaning a baby that was less than a year

1 - 4 of 4 Posts