Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
I really liked using wool overnight, but Wesley *always* poops first thing in the morning (before even letting us know he is awake)

I hate getting poop on wool, especially since it takes like two days to dry!

rock<aherne>hardlplace

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
I try not to freak out about poop on a cover....I just don't like it when it happens is all. Yeah, it's a fact of life when diapering, but it's also the reason I use snug diapers rather than trifold pf's & wraps, yk? The diaper usually does the job, so when it doesn't, it's kinda gripe-worthy.

FWIW, I hate washing wool very often, just because....well, no good reason. I just have to take the time to do it. Poop on a cover makes that part of the job more urgent.

·
Registered
8,874 Posts
Hmmmm, I'm with you on this one. I don't get all freaky about my wool...and we have some good wool, too. I let my ds play in the grass and do whatever else little boys are supposed to do. It is just a diaper cover and not worth all the pain and suffering...Although, I have to add, I would cry if someone threw one in the washer or dryer, or cut it up like someones insane MIL did.
I am very attached to my wool, but more attached to my sweet little boy.
I think other mamas feel the same way, but it is a pain waiting for them to dry.

·
Registered
6,329 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutie Patootie
I let my ds play in the grass and do whatever else little boys are supposed to do. It is just a diaper cover and not worth all the pain and suffering...Although, I have to add, I would cry if someone threw one in the washer or dryer, or cut it up like someones insane MIL did.

Yup - we've got an aristocrat here with some interest grass-green lines on the bottom right now ! *L*

Kids will be kids.

*shrugs*

I don't like the drying time, but I don't get upset if the covers get pooped on.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I don't mind washing wool. I am usually doing it at least once a day. I just throw it in the sink with a little wool wash, scrub the spots, spin cycle and hand in front of the fan. Done and dry within a couple of hours. I don't consider it any more labor intensive than air drying covers or rinsing out PUL.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Overall it doesn't bother me; I just don't like that he poops as soon as he gets a wool cover on (even if he just had a poop). There have been times I know he's held it in until he got a wool cover on. If I ever think he's constipated, I just have to put one on him. He has really sticky poop which is hard to get off and they're wearing out from scrubbing it off and they always have a hint of stink no matter what I do. Other than that, it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
I am probably totally jinxing myself here but we have never had poop on wool -- I guess its those super chunky thighs and good fitting fitteds that keep it all in LOL!

Though I do have to say we didnt start using wool til Maxi was about 6 or 7 months so never experience nb bf poop with wool -- even though he was still exlusively bf til about 10 months when we started solids.

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
: I posted about this today.
:

It was the first time it happened for us and I just wanted to make sure it would come out so I wouldn't have this big spot on it cause it's so pretty. I know it's part of the process but I like my stuff stain free!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by cj'smommy
: I posted about this today.
:

It was the first time it happened for us and I just wanted to make sure it would come out so I wouldn't have this big spot on it cause it's so pretty. I know it's part of the process but I like my stuff stain free!

Okay
: I admit it was your post that prompt the question , but it wasn't you
: (does that make any sense)
I also here you on the stain free stuff, I bought my my DD a special AIO cloth diaper on her one month B-day and I loved it and it fit DD like a glove, but I freaked out so much thinking she was going to poop in it I refused to put it on her again. :LOL and buy the time I had enough courage to really use it it out she had outgrown it!
So I'm one to lecture...
:

Deanna

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.