Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I'm gonna get lots of
:
for asking this but WHY????? do some of you buy covers mainly wool and "freak out" if it gets poop on it? Isn't that part of the diapering process. At least a risk we take?

Deanna

·
Registered
946 Posts
I really liked using wool overnight, but Wesley *always* poops first thing in the morning (before even letting us know he is awake)

I hate getting poop on wool, especially since it takes like two days to dry!

rock<aherne>hardlplace

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I try not to freak out about poop on a cover....I just don't like it when it happens is all. Yeah, it's a fact of life when diapering, but it's also the reason I use snug diapers rather than trifold pf's & wraps, yk? The diaper usually does the job, so when it doesn't, it's kinda gripe-worthy.

FWIW, I hate washing wool very often, just because....well, no good reason. I just have to take the time to do it. Poop on a cover makes that part of the job more urgent.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Hmmmm, I'm with you on this one. I don't get all freaky about my wool...and we have some good wool, too. I let my ds play in the grass and do whatever else little boys are supposed to do. It is just a diaper cover and not worth all the pain and suffering...Although, I have to add, I would cry if someone threw one in the washer or dryer, or cut it up like someones insane MIL did.
I am very attached to my wool, but more attached to my sweet little boy.
I think other mamas feel the same way, but it is a pain waiting for them to dry.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutie Patootie
I let my ds play in the grass and do whatever else little boys are supposed to do. It is just a diaper cover and not worth all the pain and suffering...Although, I have to add, I would cry if someone threw one in the washer or dryer, or cut it up like someones insane MIL did.

Yup - we've got an aristocrat here with some interest grass-green lines on the bottom right now ! *L*

Kids will be kids.

*shrugs*

I don't like the drying time, but I don't get upset if the covers get pooped on.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I don't mind washing wool. I am usually doing it at least once a day. I just throw it in the sink with a little wool wash, scrub the spots, spin cycle and hand in front of the fan. Done and dry within a couple of hours. I don't consider it any more labor intensive than air drying covers or rinsing out PUL.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Overall it doesn't bother me; I just don't like that he poops as soon as he gets a wool cover on (even if he just had a poop). There have been times I know he's held it in until he got a wool cover on. If I ever think he's constipated, I just have to put one on him. He has really sticky poop which is hard to get off and they're wearing out from scrubbing it off and they always have a hint of stink no matter what I do. Other than that, it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
I am probably totally jinxing myself here but we have never had poop on wool -- I guess its those super chunky thighs and good fitting fitteds that keep it all in LOL!

Though I do have to say we didnt start using wool til Maxi was about 6 or 7 months so never experience nb bf poop with wool -- even though he was still exlusively bf til about 10 months when we started solids.

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
: I posted about this today.
:

It was the first time it happened for us and I just wanted to make sure it would come out so I wouldn't have this big spot on it cause it's so pretty. I know it's part of the process but I like my stuff stain free!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by cj'smommy
: I posted about this today.
:

It was the first time it happened for us and I just wanted to make sure it would come out so I wouldn't have this big spot on it cause it's so pretty. I know it's part of the process but I like my stuff stain free!

Okay
: I admit it was your post that prompt the question , but it wasn't you
: (does that make any sense)
I also here you on the stain free stuff, I bought my my DD a special AIO cloth diaper on her one month B-day and I loved it and it fit DD like a glove, but I freaked out so much thinking she was going to poop in it I refused to put it on her again. :LOL and buy the time I had enough courage to really use it it out she had outgrown it!
So I'm one to lecture...
:

Deanna

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.