Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We usually buy 7th generation for trip and I really wanted to bring my cloth, but my dh was concerned his parents would not want dirty diapers in their laundry, so went with gdiapers this time. Any fast tips for use? Will 4 covers work if we can wash every 2-3 days and our son only poops every other day or so?
Thanks

· Registered
241 Posts
My biggest suggestion for you would be to do a trial run. Our first couple times we had some leaks around the legs or at the hips, mostly from the insert not being positioned correctly. Also the flushie is a bit tricky to get the hang of.

You might want to invest in some cut pieces of fleece to use over the flushie to make poopy ones easier. There's really no way to rip that thing open without touching poop (the pee ones are no big deal).

We go through one cover a day on AVERAGE. (for example, we had a poopsplosion this morning that got on a cover, so we used 2 today, but the second cover is still clean so we can use that again tomorrow). The liners are a breeze to rinse out and hang dry, so you don't need a ton of those. With 4 covers I would suggest planning for a 2 cover rotation, so you have 2 washing and 2 in use.

ETA We haven't used the flushies past the first pack (hated the extra step) and found that we love using the covers with prefolds, so that may be an option for you to keep using your covers.

· Registered
81 Posts
I have used gdiapers on a few trips with great success. I agree with skolbut about a trial run. The flushies do need to be totally inside the liner. And they don't agree with every plumbing job, so be sure to swish really well--I always held onto the outer part of the flushie while the toilet flushed and dropped it in at the last minute. Their video tutorials are quite helpful. But ultimately you may need to prepare for throwing some away in the bin.

Have a great trip!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.