Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I am just posting because I am feeling a little guilty. My husband is out of town (he travels A LOT!) I am so exhausted right now (explain why in a second) and I have been very impatient with my 4 year old. He's a good boy but we are having one of those phases where I ask him to do something and he just ignores me or does teh opposite. It is driving me CRAZY! I really feel like he needs his father around to even things out (I don't know why but he just seems to listen to daddy better) and also so he sees that these rules are not just made up because I'm trying to spoil his fun. So today I have really lost it like three times with him and just started yelling. Once I even slammed my hand down on the counter which I know scared him. So I feel guilty about all of this because it's my own fault that I am so overly tired. I fulfilled a lifelong dream Friday night of seeing Aerosmith in concert (yeah baby) and let me tell you... It was AWESOME!!! But I went to the concert knowing I would not be home until after 1 am, knowing my younger son would be up at 5:30 am, knowing that I do not function well at all without long periods of sleep, and knowing that my husband is out of town and herefore not able to help while I nap. So now I just feel bad that he is suffering because I stayed up too late.
So basically I'm just venting and feling guilty. Thanks for listening,
K-

·
Registered
838 Posts
awe, mama, i'm so glad you did that for yourself anyway. how much better would it have been if you hadnt fulfilled your dream when you had the chance? i dont know about you, but leaving dreams unfulfilled like that has just as much potential to make me grouchy and resentful as some lost hours of sleep. you'll be back on track before you know it. put yourself to sleep tonight smiling about the fun you had and let that joy carry over into your parenting tomorrow. you deserve it.

my dd also does betteer when poppi is around, i think just because she senses that i am happier when he home. hang in there. when will he be back? incidentally, i have bee right where you are- compromised parenting because i just had to go see a band i love. if i did it all the time it'd be wrong, but once in three years seems pretty forgivable, dont you think?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Did you explain all this to your son? I really think it will make you both feel better. And I'm sure he'd love to hear about the concert! Maybe put on an Aerosmith CD and relive it a little?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts