Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called Dr office to see if bw was in....beta was 1083 @ 16dpo (unless FF was on crack...lol)
I will have to wait for u/s to be sure
now I am off to google beta levels to see if mine are ok...
wish me luck...I will let you know what I find out

Anyone else getting beta hcg checked?

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
sounds good to me, here's a chart

did you have serial betas drawn? the # itself isn't what's necessarily important, the doubling time gives a better indication of what's going on.

I haven't had blood drawn yet. I will most likely have it done at my friday appointment d/t my past m/c (I'll be 16 dpo then)

When are you having an u/s?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the link it was the best one that I have seen!

the others said my numbers were really high, now they seem about right!

not getting serial betas, just the one as part of my first confirmation appt. My next appt is on the 23rd to book u/s. My doc says it is SOP for old ladies...lol

I also asked the Drs office if my uti test was positive and she said they can not tell me over the phone...I would have to come in...
it is a 40min walk with ds in the snow...I would go if I was more worried...
I had one when I was first pg with ds...no syms, just smelly pee

I guess FF has to be right...D'oh...dh is only home on weekends and the weekend b4 was cd7,8

·
Registered
335 Posts
I am being monitored too. Mine was 1742 at 16 dpo. Should I be scared?

I just gave more blood this morning and will hear results this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not being monitored, it was part of my confirmation of pg appt so I don't have any other bw, are you being monitored for fertility issues?

I don't have any pg symptoms, my nips are barely sensitive when ds nurses...so I wouldn't think there is more than 1 here...

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yes, I am being monitored for fertility issues. I have/had? blocked fallopian tubes and have a higher chance of having an ectopic pg.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, then this is extra special...I love ttc success stories!
:

When will you know if you are in the clear...I am not sure, but your numbers sound great! If you had an etopic they wouldn't be that high would they?

I was a lucky one, I was refered to an re twice in my life and both times we got pg on our own...

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
flippin' internet! I was googling beta levels and found out high betas could mean down's, molar pg, or nural tube defect...whay do I feel the need to look???

·
Registered
390 Posts
I had mine drawn yesterday. I am going back in on Thursday to make sure they are doubling everyday. I feel like I am on pins and needles until Friday when I find out.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hapi2help View Post
Yes, I am being monitored for fertility issues. I have/had? blocked fallopian tubes and have a higher chance of having an ectopic pg.
I also have a blocked right tube...YAY US!!!
I was told I would NEVER get pg.. LOL 1st try with DD1 and 10 dys off the pill with this one! Stuff that in your face MR OB/gyn MAN!!!
Good luck mama!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NaturalMindedMomma View Post
I also have a blocked right tube...YAY US!!!
I was told I would NEVER get pg.. LOL 1st try with DD1 and 10 dys off the pill with this one! Stuff that in your face MR OB/gyn MAN!!!
Good luck mama!
We were just going to schedule surgery in Jan to clear my tubes and I got pg after nearly 2 years of TTC. They believe the HSG helped clear the tubes. i believe my uterus was "scared straight"! LOL!!

My numbers came back at about 6600 today. She said they are good although I expected a higher number but according to the chart linked above its in the normal range.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had a beta today. I'm 21 dpo and it was 6,180. Seems high to me. Now that my 2ww is over, I have the 3ww until my first appointment to make sure there is only 1 in there!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.