Mothering Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to share, just got home from a friends first UC and it was GREAT. Baby boy just shy of 7 lbs. Mom and baby doing great. I just can't wait now for my turn.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,009 Posts
Cool and congratulations! <img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/smile.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title="smile">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
963 Posts
Congrats to your friend! I am getting the birth itch bad right now, can't wait for mine. <img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/smile.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title="smile">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,087 Posts
That's awesome! I've been wanting to attend a natural birth so bad lately. I watch videos and such, but I wanna be there. My niece just had a baby 2 days ago, but she lives on the other coast.<br>
I would really love to attend a homebirth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,348 Posts
the only homebirth I've ever attended was my own when my last was born....<img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="/img/vbsmilies/smilies/eyesroll.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title="roll"><br>
I'm hoping my sister goes into labor before I do, so that I can be there for her birth. (were due two days apart)<br><br>
Congrats to your friend.... crazy to think that some of these babes will be born as soon as 11 weeks from now !!!!<img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="/img/vbsmilies/smilies/joy.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title="joy">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong><<<Scarlet>>></strong> <a href="/community/forum/post/14718887"><img alt="View Post" class="inlineimg" src="/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif" style="border:0px solid;"></a></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">crazy to think that some of these babes will be born as soon as 11 weeks from now !!!!<img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="/img/vbsmilies/smilies/joy.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title="joy"></div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
<br><br>
that is CRAZY!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,368 Posts
I've attended a couple of births this month, too, but more than make me think that I want my baby, they've made me wonder how the heck I'm going to do the two births in January and the two in March that I have lined up (I have a backup in March, but I've told both clients that if I'm still pregnant, I'll be there to supervise my apprentice at their births). I was so tired for days afterward...sigh.<br><br>
I've got some time off and my January clients are births that I'm really looking forward to, so I'm hoping that will offset the exhaustion. Last pg I was done with births at 26w. I think that was a good call...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,009 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>Charmie981</strong> <a href="/community/forum/post/14719230"><img alt="View Post" class="inlineimg" src="/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif" style="border:0px solid;"></a></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">I've attended a couple of births this month, too, but more than make me think that I want my baby, they've made me wonder how the heck I'm going to do the two births in January and the two in March that I have lined up (I have a backup in March, but I've told both clients that if I'm still pregnant, I'll be there to supervise my apprentice at their births). I was so tired for days afterward...sigh.<br><br>
I've got some time off and my January clients are births that I'm really looking forward to, so I'm hoping that will offset the exhaustion. Last pg I was done with births at 26w. I think that was a good call...</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
That does sound a little stressful. Hopefully it works out so that you get at least a <i>little</i> rest!!! (Of course, a <i>lot</i> would be better, but you know, this being real life and all...lol.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>Charmie981</strong> <a href="/community/forum/post/14719230"><img alt="View Post" class="inlineimg" src="/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif" style="border:0px solid;"></a></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">I've attended a couple of births this month, too, but more than make me think that I want my baby, they've made me wonder how the heck I'm going to do the two births in January and the two in March that I have lined up (I have a backup in March, but I've told both clients that if I'm still pregnant, I'll be there to supervise my apprentice at their births). I was so tired for days afterward...sigh.<br><br>
I've got some time off and my January clients are births that I'm really looking forward to, so I'm hoping that will offset the exhaustion. Last pg I was done with births at 26w. I think that was a good call...</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
I only have two clients due before my baby is born - both due the end of this month, beginning of next. Both are first time moms - so who knows how they will go.<br><br>
I am looking forward to my time off as well. My body is really tired and sore.<br><br>
I have a full load though after baby comes...two clients in May, two in June and possibly up to 6 in July/August. I think I might be crazy.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top