Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dd is 7m and we just got her baby bjorn little potty in the mail today. much to my suprise i put her on it. made the psss sound, and she did it. then giggled and started squirming. i've put her on a total of three times so far, and i get the same result. i forgot to mention, i stopped making the psss sound when she turned 6m because she was just learning too many things and wouldn't do it. so today is the first day we've tried since then. so i guess she's got a better memory then i give her credit for. i'm just so proud of her. i hope i will catch a poo tomorrow. wish me luck.

·
Registered
106 Posts
We got our lil' potty a week ago. Kay (10 mos) will only go standing up in the bathtub! She knows what this potty is for, but she resists it and hates sitting on it. She didn't like the potty seat either, which we tried at my grandma's. She jjust learned to walk, so I don't know if that's the deal. She actually kicks it, picks it up and throws it, carries it around, occasionally sits on it, but never pees in it! Taking her upstairs to the tub is getting old! Kudos to you for starting the potty at 7 months. I did the tub thing because she only wanted to pee standing up. I hope she grows out of this. Any advice for converting a standing peer to the potty?

Jess

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if i were you, i would probably take a day off, if at all possible. let her play naked all day, but i would constantly put her on her potty. give her toys to play with when she's on it. food to eat. anything to keep her on it. i would just repeat repeat repeat. then clap and tell her how good she is when she actually pees or poos in the potty. good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts