Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A discussion on another thread about what to say to a SN parent reminded me that I wanted to share a phone call I got yesterday. A friend -- not a super close friend, but someone I like a great deal from my church community -- called. She said she just wanted to check in (my son was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome in September and I initially had a very hard time with it). She asked if there were any websites I could recommend for her to read so she could understand what we are facing better.

I was just floored by her kindness -- no sappy or pitying -- just 'I know you are on a journey and I plan to be beside you for it.' She is a gem. I wish I could clone her to be in the lives of all of the families on this board.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
it is so wonderful to receive support. i am on the receiving end of support from my MIL all the time and i really don't know what we would do without her. i am so glad you had that experience!

·
Premium Member
6,263 Posts
Thanks for sharing. It's wonderful to know there are people like that.

I have that kind of support from my mom. She must have read every book I have on SN and when she finds articles she gives those to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.