Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need some hugs my grand mother has been here for 2 weeks for a visit and she is leaving in the morning i only get to see her 2 weeks a year and its hitting me really hard this time maybe because she is 75 and getting older and this might be my last time to see her but i cant stop sobbing i started when she was saying good night to my ds and that upset him and me and her my mom is here we are all a mess it makes me think of all the people i know whos grand parents live near them and they dont even talk to them like my DH id give anything to have my family here all i have is my mom dad and my dh and his family whom i rarely see im not sure if its the pregnancy or just the fact shes leaveing but this fing sucks!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Ohhhhhhh Mama I am so sorry your post had me bawling
: My grandma is 77 I see her at leat 2 times a week and i wish it was more I cannot imagine what it feels like to have her so far away
be strong and think positive
hug her 1,000 times before she leave tell her how much you love her and cherish her (I do that radomly with mine and she loves it and I do too because then she knows exactly what she means to me

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
my grandma is 95 so you never know; you may have her for another 20 years! I remember being young and my grandma would always say "well you never know if I'll be here next year..." little did she know she'd live to see 7 (soon to be 8) great grand children! we lived 500 miles away from our families for 10 years and it was really hard. I'll never forget bawling when my mom left after ds1 was born!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it sucks she rubbed my belly and said keep my little grand babie safe till next year when i can give her lots of hugs and kisses and that made me bawl even more!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Aw,
to you. I know how scary it is; my father will be 70 this spring about when our baby is due, and that frightens me a lot. Both my parents are older parents, and I'm really close to them and worry about them. They are part of the reason that we are having a baby now; I did not get to spend much time with my grandparents due to age and distance, and I really wanted our little one to have a relationship with my wonderful parents. Be of good cheer; hopefully your wonderful grandmother will be healthy for many more years to come!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Unfortunately we never know. . and age isn't necessarily an indicator. Hopefully you will have many many more lovely years of visiting with her. I've lost all of my biological grandparents as well as my dad. Only my maternal grandmother even ever got the chance to meet my oldest. It can really suck.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts

I must be really old because my parents are actually in their early 70's. I worry that my kids won't get to enjoy their grandparents much longer because of their advanced age. My next baby may not remember any of the grandparents. DH's parents have bad health problems and my parents are old.

I do remember my own grandparents all the time and wish my children could have known them.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Hugs, hugs, hugs!!!!!

This post had my teary too. If your grandma is positive that she will be back next year, I would trust that as a very good sign. Older people tend to "know" what is going to happen when it comes to things like that. The last time I saw my grandma, she said she wanted good hug goodbye because "this will probably be the last time I see you." I must have looked completely panicked because she assured me that we would see each other again... but we didn't (at least not in the flesh). She passed away less than a year later. I'm convinced that she knew that was the last hug.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by darcytrue View Post

I must be really old because my parents are actually in their early 70's. I worry that my kids won't get to enjoy their grandparents much longer because of their advanced age. My next baby may not remember any of the grandparents. DH's parents have bad health problems and my parents are old.

I do remember my own grandparents all the time and wish my children could have known them.

It is so important to make those memories while you can. I feel blessed that DH's parents are young (in their 50s) and healthy. I'm 32, my mom is passed and my dad is in assisted living (he's 76, but not healthy and suffering from dementia). All of our grandparents are passed as well. I wish my children could know their grandparents and great-grandparents. I'm going to have lots of pictures of my mom around to inspire "grandma" stories with my kids.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sunshynbaby View Post
Hugs, hugs, hugs!!!!!

This post had my teary too. If your grandma is positive that she will be back next year, I would trust that as a very good sign. Older people tend to "know" what is going to happen when it comes to things like that. The last time I saw my grandma, she said she wanted good hug goodbye because "this will probably be the last time I see you." I must have looked completely panicked because she assured me that we would see each other again... but we didn't (at least not in the flesh). She passed away less than a year later. I'm convinced that she knew that was the last hug.

I am so sorry but at least you will always remember the feel and love in that hug! I remember the last time Cuddled with my grandfather I had my head on his shoulder he looked down at me with a huge smile and said I love you I turned and hugged him real tight and siad I love you too! (and i shouldn't read this thread I keep crying and I shouldn't listen to country music because I keep crying!)

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks guys the airport SUCKED but im ok now shes home and has called so im a bit more relaxed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.