Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've got an EDD of July 24, but as there is no July club yet just thought I would post here.
Found out I'm pregnant with #2 on Saturday but for some reason I just feel really unsure this time. I took a test the week before that came on negative, even though I knew I was late. The line on the test I took on Saturday just didn't seem very dark for being 5 weeks like I thought it should. I guess I just don't "feel" pregnant. Almost nothing different, just a bit more thirsty,and felt sick once from not drinking enough. Went to the doctors today, and they didn't even do a blood test (I hate needles so that sounded fine at the time) But now I feel like I just want the reassurance of a blood test. I booked in for my first ultrasound but it's not until Jan 15. which right now seems like ages to wait.

I'm sure this will pass and i'll feel a bit sick soon enough....just guess I want something/someone other then a stick I peed on to tell me!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have you taken any subsequent tests? The line should get darker each day as your HCG levels increase. It may be that you ovulated a bit late this month, or that the embryo took a bit longer to implant. I wouldn't worry about the faint line yet.

I had low HCG levels at first (confirmed by a blood test) and they were worried the pregnancy wasn't viable, but it picked up and now I'm 10 weeks. I also didn't start feeling sick or tired until about 6 1/2 weeks. But when it came, it sure did come!

In short, I think it's too early to worry. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Hey! I think it's too early to worry, too, though I totally understand the faint line saga... It SHOULD get darker each day, unless you test with more concentrated urine one day, or one test's dye is flukey or something--ultimately not that reliable. Would you feel better if you called your ob and asked for a blood test?

Also, I'm also 5 weeks, due late July. I was surprised that the July 2016 group was empty.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Feeling a bit better about it all now. Guess for the most part it just doesn't seem real as I've not told anyone other then hubby! Starting to get a few more symptoms, heavy breast, still super thirsty, couldn't stand the thought of coffee yesterday, and even had to take a nap yesterday. And my favorite symptom of all, not being able to sleep...*yawns* Just ready to get to the 12 week mark. Thankfully next week I fly out for a 5 1/2 week holiday, hope that keeps my mind busy until my ultrasound (the day I fly back in)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts