Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not a blood clot it looks like a large chunk of placenta or uterine lining. It's about the size of strawberry... does anyone know what this might be and should be worried?

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
How many weeks pp are you? I've heard it is ok to pass a clot as big as a lemon
When I was about 3 weeks pp I passed some clots about the size of an egg that looked like placenta but it turned out they were just "old clots". I went to the ER because one was stuck on my stitches, long story. Have you been overdoing it? I was running around like crazy at the time and that is what caused it (DS was hospitalized).

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
How many weeks pp are you? I've heard it is ok to pass a clot as big as a lemon
When I was about 3 weeks pp I passed some clots about the size of an egg that looked like placenta but it turned out they were just "old clots". I went to the ER because one was stuck on my stitches, long story. Have you been overdoing it? I was running around like crazy at the time and that is what caused it (DS was hospitalized).
I'm a week pp and the doc told me to be worried if I passed a clot larger than an egg. But I was thinking that only applied to BLOOD clots...not clots of placenta.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Was it sitting in the toliet a bit before you saw it? If they sit in water a bit, they wash out and look different. FWIW I passed a clot last time the size of a baseball. I knew it was from stress and being on my feet too much the day before (hospital/NICU issues), so I didn't report it to the doctor.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bluefish View Post
Was it sitting in the toliet a bit before you saw it? If they sit in water a bit, they wash out and look different. FWIW I passed a clot last time the size of a baseball. I knew it was from stress and being on my feet too much the day before (hospital/NICU issues), so I didn't report it to the doctor.
Actually, yeah, I was on my feet alot yesterday carrying her and her carseat around. It wasn't in the toilet when I noticed it, I had to pull it out.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by YumaDoula View Post
I believe its your body's way of telling you to slow down!
I've definately been up and moving too much. Plus, I'm required back to school next Tuesday. Isn't it better the clot is out than still in there? And why does physical activity cause your body to expell clots?

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
After the birth of my dd I passed a large piece of tissue. It wasnt a blood clot it was a solid mass. Tho supposidly my placenta was all in one piece
I never had any more pass and no issues because of it. Pretty sure I had one with ds as well but the one with dd sticks out for me because it came out in my bath

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.