Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to vent to someone who would understand.

My ex has decided he wants to go out of town over Thanksgiving... his family is meeting in Arizona (where his brother lives).

Poor DS is already frazzled enough by me going back to work... Ok, ex doesn't really care about that. Why would he start caring about someone besides himself now?

But, of course ex is leaving on Wednesday morning... I have to work Wednesday, ex watches DS during the day! So we have to make alternate arrangements.
: We have never left DS with anyone and this is going to be hard on him. Not that ex cares.

I tell ex I'm ok with him staying with a certain friend of ours. But HE (ex) needs to take the initiative and take DS over there at least a few times to spend some time, so he can get used to her and her kids and get used to the idea of spending the day there.

Does he do any of this??? No, of course not.

I finally thought of a better alternative... a distant family relative of ex's who lives in town and that DS has spent quite a bit of time with. Of course, *I* have to call her and make the arrangements. And of course, ex has not said a WORD about his leaving to DS, I have to do ALL of it.

I finally told him this morning that I thought he needed to explain to DS that he was leaving town. His response? "I figured you would do it."
:
:

Why do I have to do everything? I work out of the house full-time. I have no time for anything, including me. HE is the one who decided to leave town. Grrr!!!

I am going to have to be the enabler for the rest of my life, because he is so worthless he just won't do it. I know I need to accept it because I want what's best for DS and sometimes we mamas have to do things that aren't fair.

But sometimes I just want to kick ex in the butt!!

What was I thinking, making this man the father of my child.

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
:
You will know what to do and that's the thing about this single parenting thing. When the dust cleared and our various relationships shook out as they did, we were left to advocate for our kids and shelter them. At least at the end of the day, you know that he has the ultimate support system he could have, YOU.

It doesn't feel fair that we are the ones who have to mend
s and pick up the pieces, but when I -- for one -- look at my ex, I think I'm definitely more capable. It does suck to always be the clean-up person, but at the end of the day, at least I know that it'll get done with my child's best interest at

1 - 4 of 4 Posts