Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ellie is 15 months old today and in the last week or so, I am even more in awe of her than ever. I think I saw her as a little girl for the first time.

Her little personality is SHINING. It's probably mostly luck, but I'd like to take SOME credit!

Examples.
Although I work PT, she had never been away from either me or DH.... but a few days ago, I decided that it was time.

I brought her to the gym playcare area (post partum belly is really a lame excuse when your babe is 15 months, right?). I interogated the childcare folks...who told me that they would let her cry for "no more than 20 minutes" so I could at least get a workout in. But I explained that they SHOULD page me the minute she even LOOKED upset and they promised.

Not neccessary. I dropped her off and peeked through the window. She was happy

I did 5 minutes of stretching and peeked in the window.. no problem.

Basically, she was playing with a nice boy the whole time and we left after 20 minutes... (I had seperation anxiety, she was fine)

ANd yesterday I took her to a gymnastics class. Most of the children were 2 years old. But Ellie just barged in like she owned the place. Did assisted forward and backwards rolls, and stuff on the "high bar" (about 18 inches off the ground) with no troubles.. delighting in saying "tada" after each one.

Of course when I stepped on the hem of her pants by mistake and helped her jump, it was also a great time to show off cute cloth diapers

I just wanted to share....

(disclaimer... this in no way is meant to make anyone feel badly because of a crying child or daycare issues or anything... but you know that... )

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
That's so awesome mama! I can totally understand why you felt good about that.

Dontcha wish that everyone who tells you that AP'ing is making our kids *more* dependent and clingy could be there to witness moments like that?

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
LOL. Good for you! The other day i was surprised (and kinda sad) when i told dd i was going to school and she kissed me and said "bye bye!" and ran back to her toys. I'm telling you, moms get seperation anxiety too! I know i get it all the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.