Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have handled this pregnancy relatively well, and I really thought that I'd never feel "over done" but man, this crock pot is tired!
I'm tired of people telling me "oh that baby is so low" and then the next person saying "oh wow, you havn't even dropped yet, are you sure you're due soon?"
: We're the youth pastors at our church, and apparently that makes my pregnant belly the community rubbing post...

And if I'm going to be up all night, I'd prefer be taking care of the baby, not just up because I'm too hot (it's only 109 today... ) tired, uncomfortable etc to sleep.

SIL had her baby yesterday and that did it for me, I'm ready for mine now!

I have the EPO going & some pineapple and papya enzymes, and the red raspberry leaf tea, I'm about ready to go buy some blue cohosh and see if that helps too!

Anyone else just done cooking a baby? :yawning:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Yup, done! I have 5 days left until my EDD and I am starting to think I might be pregnant then. The last thing I want is to go into labor an the 4th of July and have to drive to the birth center at night or something, people around here can't drive as it is, and on the 4th I am sure that a lot of people on the road will be drunk

Ugh. Besides that, I am just stressed. DH and I have been fighting hardcore for 3 days. I feel depressed and I have been in bed for those 3 days more or less.
I want to do some walking around to maybe get things moving but it's about 109 here too, and I am definitely not going outside. My pelvic area is very sore too, so walking is not enjoyable.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

My DH and I have been fighting more lately too... maybe it's a sign...we're both at the end and these poor men don't know how to handle the hormones since they have had this 10mo break from PMSy wives!

·
Registered
858 Posts
I'm getting to the point of feeling done-ish however I know LO isn't done cooking yet so I'm being patient.

Had uncomfortable contractions last night and this morning - not sure if they're BH since they're lower down in my uterus than usual.

Still swelling in the feet and legs. Mild swelling in the hands.

Persistant heartburn today.

My DH and I are sort of back on speaking terms after about a week and a half of giving each other the evil eye.

Yeah, I'm getting closer to feeling done.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Oh me. I am done too. I have constant pain in my pelvis now, I sweat all day and night, I have pimples places I didn't think I could get them. ick. The weather has been very pleasant (for me) here, cloudy and cool so I can't believe I can even complain. But I feel very full, swollen feet and fingers. Baby has his feet in my ribs, head in my pelvis and S-T-R-E-T-C-H! Not to mention I've been mean to my kids. I can't handle that, I spent half the day locked in the bathroom crying about 2 days ago because I've just been sooooo mean!

·
Registered
643 Posts
I'm done, done, and I still have like 3 weeks to go. I just wish, once, I could have a 38ish week pregnancy instead of 40+! Really though, I'm just whining. I don't have it all that rough, so I should just suck it up and enjoy these last few weeks.

I was thinking yesterday about how weird it'll be to be back to 'normal' again hormonally. I can't WAIT! I bet my family can't wait either.

Really though, anytime now would be FINE with me. JUST FINE!

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
I'm there, too, and I am only 37 weeks! Anytime this baby wants to come is fine with me. I have so much left to do but really just don't care anymore. What gets done, gets done and what doesn't, too bad!
I am sick of being pregnant. 2 babies in under 2 years is just not what my body expected.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow and I'm done.
He's running out of room in there, and I'm sick of all-day-every-day heartburn. I'm sore and having problems walking. I could probably survive 3-5 more weeks of this, but... ugh. Do I have to?

·
Registered
661 Posts
I'm done done done... this cooker is tired! At least I have the knowledge that next Thursday this baby is coming out via c-section. If that date wasn't set, I think I'd cry. I'm convinced that if I did not have to have that c-section, this baby would... never... come... out....!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yesterday morning when I read this thread I was thinking positively and trying to focus on just enjoying probably my last pregnancy. HOWEVER, I am DONE, DONE, DONE too. I am only 38 wks, 3 days but don't know how much more I can handle. I have been having contractions on/off for several weeks now which are very disappointing. I have also been nauseous on/off since the weekend. I was 2-3 cm dilated and 75% effaced last Monday and will be rechecked this Wed. I have had no mucous or bloody show. I can't decide if my heartburn is worse if I eat or don't eat. And my hips are just killing me. Did I mention feeling exhausted all the time? UGH. Sorry for the rant.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I am 39 weeks and 2 days.

If my babies came when I was feeling done, they would all have been premies!
Around 30 weeks the terrible pains, contraction, feeling the baby so low that I cannot move start... so in some ways I am happy babies do not care at all about my discomfort and cooked as long as needed, though they pushed my limits waiting 41-42 weeks arghhhh!

I find that there is an extremely thin line between totally losing it and breaking down, and seeing everyday that passes as a positive thing. I keep repeating affirmations to myself so I won't despair, and try to get distracted which has helped, too.

I know a lady who was pregnant with twins until week 41 - and big twins too!

Now, I cannot even begin to imagine how she felt in the end!

·
Registered
193 Posts
for everybody!

Me too! 12 hour false labor the other night has just driven the point home- I want to be done. Now. Please?

I have constant acid reflux, my whole pelvic area hurts, contractions are at least once an hour (other than the freakish 12 hour marathon last night), my back is killing me, I have sharp, painful gas pressure at the top of my belly that wont go away.

I don't go out a whole lot, but when I do, I get the, "Oh wow!" and "You're STILL pregnant?" Feh! My EDD is in a couple days, give me a break!

I've been pretty good at not getting too upset, but the longer this goes on, the more done I am, and the more difficult being positive is... but I'll keep trying!

We can do this ladies! We might complain and rant while doing it, but we're doing it! Soon, just remember, soon!

·
Registered
214 Posts
"Soon" can not get here "soon" enough! LOL!

Almost 39 weeks.
I'm ready. Like now!

All the same reasons why everyone else has mentioned!

I feel more of a pressure though to go ASAP!
My MW and Dr's have decided I can VBA2C, but I have to go on my own.
As a general rule for their practice ANYONE who hasn't gone by 40 weeks is scheduled for an induction at 41 weeks (they claim liability).

Since I can't be induced, I have to be scheduled for a c/s.

Yes, things can change in a matter of hours from not going to going. But I just really really want to go NOW!

I don't want to push it to 40 weeks with no sign of baby and have to schedule this c/s for the following week!

So, yes. I'm DONE! And READY TO GO!

·
Registered
53 Posts
37 weeks, but I am done too!! But then on the other hand I am not sure I want the baby to come out yet LOL. There is so much to do!! So little time! Haha.
My last came at 38 weeks. so for what I know I could have baby in a week.
I feel pretty good all day, but then in the evening I just feel huuuge!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ugh- contractions have turned painful- but not lasting long enough to count as real labor

I just hope this is just a slow-start and by the end of the week, baby will be here.

If I go with the Bradly method, I could very well be in the first emotional stage- excitement. I went from cranky, and angry today, to being really up-beat and happy. Not sure how much of the "excited" emotional stage is from knowing, or just natural.

I've been busying myself with birth stories and feminism books- the birth stories are just getting me excited for my own... if this isn't it, if I'm just in a good mood- please let it last till I do go into labor!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts