Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've been lurking for a few weeks and finally have a few minutes to say hello. I am expecting my second child sometime around the end of November. My son will turn 3 a week or two after his sibling arrives and is actually pretty excited about the concept (for a 2 1/2 year old anyway).

My son was born in the hospital after a 40+ hour labor. The whole experience was pretty overwhelming and scary and the hospital staff was not supportive of a drug free labor. In fact, upon checking in I was told that I had a small pelvis and a big baby and was probably looking at a c-section. Luckily I have a wonderful CNM who told the staff to leave me alone and was very encouraging that my body would set its own schedule. I did end up with an epidural (that stopped working after a few hours), but after 4 hours of pushing had my baby.

This time around my husbnd and I have been taalking more about a homebirth. At my last visit with CNM we talked about it and she told me about one of her clients who recently delivered UC. Her take on it was that the baby would come out regardless of where you were and there wasn't really much anyone does for you anyway. So, with her initial prod we've been researching UC. My husband is even open to the idea, which shocked me.

That is where we are now. I'm starting a hypnobirthing class this weekend and am really looking forward to getting some relaxation techniques as I tend to display emotional stress physically to the extreme and know I will need some good mellowing out tools for labor. It is really nice to have all of these positive stories and supports frmo the UC board at my fingertips as well.

Thanks for the affirmation that this can be done,
Kim

· Premium Member
15,163 Posts
Welcome Kim to the UC board! I know you will find so many good people here and so much information.

· Premium Member
3,005 Posts
Welcome! You can definitely do it. I had a long 26 hour labor with my first at a birthcenter and then had my second at home with midwives and my third UC at home with just my husband and I present. It makes such a difference when you know you can do it and no one is telling you otherwise. I found such a peaceful place in my third labor without anyone watching me or timing me or needing me to call them in time. Enjoy your pregnancy! Wishing you a beautiful and peaceful birth.
Wendi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.