Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a quick hi as i am new to this forum. 9 weeks along and sick as a dog. this is my first pregnancy and it is all new to me.. i am 34 yrs old and due somewhere around june 2nd (i think)..

i am in california right now as my DP is here for a year long program at school, but it means i am without friends and family close by (cry cry). finding it hard to do this away from home, but trying make do.

look forward to going through this wild ride with you all... take care and feel good...

·
Registered
179 Posts
hi and
,i hope you start to feel better soon. i am 29 and preggers with my 4th baby! i have a son ,11 and 2 girls one is 9 and the babe is 11months....almost a year old
i'm not too nauseated yet and i hope i stay that way but perhaps you could try the seabands? they always did the job for me!

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy! I'm about 2 days behind you and this is my second baby. I'm sorry you are away from your friends and family right now, that must be hard.
Do you plan on going back after the year is up?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi there,

I am 34 and pg with my fourth. I am 8wks, 1 day (who's counting!)
and due June 8th. Welcome!!!!! I remember when my dh was in school when I was pg with my first and like you, no family. It was rough but in a few more months, you'll have a little baby to hold and keep you company
Have you tried looking at he MDC tribes in your area? you might find someone that lives close by to talk to in addition to us of course
Congrats!!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for all the warm words of welcome!

momof2girls1boy - fingers crossed you don't get hit with nasty nausea.. i have seabands, but i am not convinced of their efficacy. though two days ago you would have found me on my couch pressing the bands into my wrist and chanting "i feel better" in an effort to magic myself a little better. ha! my doc said you have to wear them only a few hours at a time or they don't seem to work as well, but i am not sure they have done much for me.. i haven't given up on them though! even if i can convince myself they work and it is all in my head, at least that is something!

Jillian - yes being away from everyone is much harder than i thought it would be - i think because i feel so crummy so i feel sorry for myself
lol
we do plan to go back home once he is done school but DP is done school mid may and i am due beg of june so it is a question if i/we should head north before school is done and deliver at home, or commit to staying on here a while extra (which i don't really want to do..) so many decisions to make and i am really not in a place mentally to make them! brain=mush!

basset - i have one friend in the area who has two kids who i have talked to a bit and she is dying to introduce me to all her mum and pregnar friends, but i am feeling very shy of meeting people right now - don't want to join classes or anything, though no doubt it would be a good idea. i feel like a total hermit! maybe it will change when i feel better.. (soon please!)

thanks again!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Welcome! I'm Shannon and I'm about 5 weeks along. I have a 20 month old dd, and when I was pregnant with her, I was also in a new place with no friends and family (although some of DHs family was around.) It was very lonely, and as I didn't know anyone, I didn't get to have a blessingway or a shower, which, although I KNOW is silly, I still grieve. I did have a sister about 4 hours away, and she and my niece came down for my homebirth, so that was nice! Luckily they came down before I started labor, because my labor was only 2 hours and they never would have made it!! Anyway, I'm glad you're here!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Welcome. I'm working on #1 too and due around the same time--early June.
Where in CA are you? Maybe we know some real life folks in your area. Meanwhile it's cool having friends here. DH and I haven't shared the news yet so I'm grateful for everyone here.

·
Registered
924 Posts
welcome. I am 7 weeks with number 2.
I was pregnant with my daughter in the UK ( i am from South Africa) and although i did go home for the birth it was hard to be so far from home while pregnant

1 - 9 of 9 Posts