Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They started selling ready made pizza dough - traditional and wheat. Another time saver courtesy of TJ's.

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.....

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Yet again, I am totally bummed out that we don't have a Trader Joes in this town, or even in this state.
It sounds so cool!

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kdmama33
Yet again, I am totally bummed out that we don't have a Trader Joes in this town, or even in this state.
It sounds so cool!
kdmama

Is there any way you can contact the company and ask them what needs to be done to get a TJ's?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kdmama33
It sounds so cool!
Ditto! Unfortunately, I know how cool it is since I used to have one.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Nice thought. Unfortunately, it would involve convincing the people of this state to become open minded, progressive, and forward thinking. Just ain't gonna happen.

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
I moved from a place with multiple TJs to a place with none.

Before I left, I bought a big box of shelf-stable items I couldn't live without. Now every time I go back to Chicago to visit, or visit my in-laws in St. Louis, or friends in Indianapolis, I also go to TJs and stock up on my favorites. It's not like just getting to shop there, but at least I don't have to eat anyone else's chocolate chips.

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MsElle07
I was excited about that until I saw that it had partially hydrogenated oils in it.

Oh yeah, you have to watch for that there. I get used to trusting Whole Foods (who will not sell products with hydrogenated oils) and forget that TJs will sneak them in.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Is there a place to find TJ locations? I live in Fl and have never seen one

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by romans_mum
i may be naive, but whats wrong with the fats?
hydrogenated oils are the worst. rans fats. yuk!
there would be nothing wrong if it was just expeller pressed oilive oil or something.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HappiLeigh
Oh yeah, you have to watch for that there. I get used to trusting Whole Foods (who will not sell products with hydrogenated oils) and forget that TJs will sneak them in.
yeah, me too - my organic food coop has a good dough with just olive oil and sometimes I forget to look when I am shopping elsewhere. Why the heck would anyone put hydrogenated oils in pizza dough? (or ANYTHING for that matter) That's just stupid
:

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
I can't remember-but I don't think tj's pizza dough has hydrogenated fat. I think thye maybe used too. But correct me if I am wrong-i don't think they do anymore. They seem to be on a real push lately to get more fair trade and organic, and cut out bad fats.

We love tj's. We also live 3 short blocks, walking distance, so we are always there with a jogger. A double. My kids usually snack on something from there while I shop. Everyone knows them and says hi
Although some girls there seem to think I am the nanny

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
I have a recipe for super fast, super easy pizza dough if you want - it could seriously not be easier. - takes 10 minutes to make. LMK if you want it

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Last time I was at TJ's about two weeks ago, it still had PHOs in it. I check every time, because I want them to change the recipe!

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I feel so silly. I am the QUEEN of searching for PHO's but I ASSumed that TJ's had a policy like Whole Foods and didn't allow them.

I'll have to check when I go back tomorrow. I haven't bought the dough yet but I was planning to buy it tomorrow.

And then I'm going to email and call TJ's and ask them to cut out the poison!

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
i'm interested in the recipie. We are new to being healthier, but I am trying really hard since ds is getting older and paying attention to what we eat now.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts