Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I'm really impressed. Did you design that just based on pictures?

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I used the Sweater Wizard software to draft the pattern for the knitted part, but I had to change it a lot because I wanted to knit it all in one piece (I detest sewing seams!), and I wanted the neckline shaping to be smoother than on-edge shaping. Once that was done, I just sort of winged it with the crochet. I manage to get 3 good snaps from the movie to look at, but once I started crocheting, I just went with it and didn't look at the photos anymore.

It's projects like this that make me realize why so many crocheters don't read patterns - I couldn't have written this into a pattern, even if I wanted to!

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
JEALOUS!!! i have wanted that sweater since i first saw the movie, but i am soooooo not a knitter

ETA: heeeey you're mehndi mama! i remember you from waaaaaay back, talking to you about henna belly art when i thought i was pg once before--your hyenacart shop is so cool!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.