Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to do a general post that is so specific, but I think your response might help others too, or I would have PM'd you.<br><br>
Kathy, you mention on <a href="http://www.kathysrecipebox.com/?p=304" target="_blank">your blog</a> that:
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">Well my son is definitely making progress since he got on the RIGHT probiotics and digestive enzymes, after the osteopath got the Genova stool test results.</td>
</tr></table></div>
Just wondering what probiotics/enzymes you are using, and if you feel they are very specific to your son or would work in general. Also, do you recommend getting the stool test you mentioned (did you find it helpful for healing?)<br><br>
Also, were you already utilizing fermented foods on a regular basis b/4 adding in the probiotics/enzymes? Just looking into this to see if an additional probiotic/enzyme combo would be helpful/effective for ds...<br><br>
TIA for any info on this!

·
Registered
10,747 Posts
DS had been on probiotics for 18 months prior to the Genova stool test, yet he had NO acidophilus at all (no e.coli either, the beneficial one). It also showed he was very low on some enzyme (pancreatic elastase).<br><br>
He's on Theralac probiotic (which I'm on now too, he takes his in the morning, I take mine at night).<br>
He's also on PanXyme pH (Xymogen) which is digestive enzymes and Calcium D-Glucarate (I don't know what that one does).<br><br>
DS was improving slowly until we did the stool test and found out what was going on in his digestive system, so yes, I do recommend it. What's good for him, might not be good for someone else.

·
Registered
10,747 Posts
"Calcium D-glucarate has been shown to inhibit beta-glucuronidase, an enzyme found in certain bacteria that reside in the gut." (the amount of beta-glucuronidase is supposed to be 337-4433 and DS's was 9133. It said that elevated numbers of that increases risk for cancer. The other things I saw about it said that rats had it after liver injury....

·
Registered
10,747 Posts
And can I just say, that I didn't think anyone actually read the blog portion...

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol! I read the blog portion, at least on the posts I've read (you've got so many!)<br><br>
Thank you for all the info. I've just found a new doctor for ds who will actually order pretty much any test I want and try to have it covered by our insurance (which is AMAZING!) so I'm totally looking into the stool test!<br><br>
Thanks so much Kathy!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts