Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in a similar situation to you: turning 30 in February and expecting #3 in June. Do you think you will be feeling anything different with being 30? My mom was 30 when she had me so I've always wanted to have a baby that year I turned 30 as well. I'm too sentimental.

Mchelle

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Hey Michelle!

I feel a little down about it, but glad DH is first, lol! When I was a single mom, very poor and had my daughter at age 19, I always said that I really wanted to be married and have another child by the age of 30. So I accomplished that goal and now I'm having another one, which I never thought would happen! I have mixed feelings about it, since I am doing alot better in all areas of life than I had expected or even wished for.

My mom, both grandmothers and two aunts have had early menopause, all before age 35, so entering my 30s is pretty scary to me sometimes. My mom actually stopped getting periods at the age of 32. Menopause is so final and so old sounding that it scares the crap out of me and I really hope it doesn't happen to me, but the OBs that I've talked to over the years say it probably will since it runs in both sides of the family. I think that is my main problem right now. I guess when I look at my life that way, turning 30 while pregnant makes me feel better since being pregnant is sort of opposite from menopause and being pregnant and having babies is sort of a 'young" thing in my mind, although I know many who have had babies in their late 30s and 40s.

Okay, so I wrote another novel here...must be the hormones getting the best of me, lol!

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow. That is early for menopause. My grandma had twins at age 42 and never got a period after that. My mom went through menopause at 40. I've always had the idea that I couldn't wait until I was in my late 30's to start having kids since I wanted more than one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.