1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.thenation.com/doc/20090105/thompson

I remember hearing about the incidents.

Quote:
An Algiers Point homeowner who wasn't involved in the shootings describes another attack. "All I can tell you is what I saw," says the white resident, who asked to remain anonymous for fear of reprisals. He witnessed a barrage of gunfire--from a shotgun, an AK-47 and a handgun--directed by militiamen at two African-American men standing on Pelican Street, not too far from Janak's place. The gunfire hit one of them. "I saw blood squirting out of his back," he says. "I'm an EMT. My instinct should've been to rush to him. But I didn't. And if I had, those guys"--the militiamen--"might have opened up on me, too."
Wow.

I'm going to x-post this in Activism. There is an effort to bring these actions to justice.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Can you add a disturbing warning to the title, please? Maybe I'm just hormonal, but I found that really disturbing due to the graphic description of the attack. I can't handle this kind of thing when I'm pregnant!

And yes, it's very sad.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry about that. I guess a mod fixed it for me.
I haven't had the chance to x-post this in Activism, but there is a movement to bring these crimes to justice.
I cannot imagine looking for refuge from a natural disaster only to be shot at by "vigilantes".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.