Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,501 Posts
Hi! I live in Lee's Summit.
The commute to Overland Park isn't terrible... I used to make that drive every day. Though it does bottle-neck... but not the end of the world.

I guess this is a nice area to live. I like being close to all the lakes around here, and there is the nature center in Blue Springs called Burr Oaks that we enjoy. We are also closer to the Ozarks since we are on the southern tip of KC.

Downtown Lee's Summit is really nice. Its an all-American old town down there. I love the old houses around the town too.

I find myself driving to Overland Park a lot though. Beautiful parks over there. And I seem to meet more like-minded mamas there. I dunno. Hey, I would love to find more AP mamas on this side of the state line!

· Registered
2,501 Posts
Yay! AP mamas in Lee's Summit!

As far as the vax issue - I have a friend in Overland Park that just completed the paper work for her 15 year old, who was being threatened with expulsion if the paperwork didn't appear... she filled it out, and they accepted no questions. If you have any more concerns, I can have her e-mail you and you two can chat...

· Registered
2,501 Posts
I go to Dr. Shari Ommen on the Plaza with Saint Luke's Family Care. She is a primary care physician and has always been respectful of my decisions.
I couldn't give you a name of a Lee's Summit doctor... sorry.
There is a doctor in Overland Park that many AP mamas go to and love dearly. Dr. Greenwood... on like 135th and Metcalf I think. You might want to check him out.
It would be nice to have a local doc but I went to 2 here in Lee's Summit and was not impressed... so I stuck with my family doc and the drive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.