Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe that my now monthly yeast infection is caused by my Keeper. I had a very slight issue when I first started using it & it seems that I get a freaking yeast infection every month after my cycle is over. I've tried just about everything I can think of as far as cleaning the Keeper, but I just can't figure out what else could be causing me to get a yeast infection every month at the same time.

I've changed my diet, have added probiotics, using the Candistroy program, etc. The whole 9 yards as far as yeast prevention goes & yet - it keeps coming back... Last month I finally caved & used OTC medicine. I felt awesome & it was gone. Now -
: - it's back.

Could it be the Keeper causing me to just keep reinfecting myself?

Could it be something else? It's terrible.

I really, really love my Keeper. I can't imagine going back to tampons, but I honestly can't take any more of this.

Help me please.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Yeast infections and problems that look like yeast infections, but aren't can be from allergies or lack of lubrication. Try adding more lubricant or check the makeup of the product. If it's something made of latex or something else that is giving you grief, switch products.

That's just something that popped into my head since you've already tried the anti-yeast stuff.

You can also try washing the keeper with hot water and TTO to kill any bacteria.

I don't personally use keepers or divas so maybe the other mamas can help more.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm - I *do* wonder if it is a latex issue. It does go away with the yeast treatments, but that could just be a conincidence. It's just so weird that I went from having very, very rare yeast problems to monthly ones when I started using the Keeper. Maybe I've been wrong? That's what I get for self-diagnosing. ((rolls eyes)) Thanks. Maybe that is the real issue!

I've tried everything except bleach for cleaning. I don't want to use/buy that. I've even tried running it through the dishwasher a few times on hot/sanitize.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
It is possible for you to pass a yeast infection back and forth between partners. You may want to treat your partner for a yeast infection also. Also the keeper has latex in it which may be contributing. Just a couple of thoughts.

If you think it is the latex, you can switch to the Diva which is silicone.

AM

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
The keeper being latex is what made me get the diva. It took us a long time to figure out that condoms were giving me what I thought was a yeast infection. I do admit though that the discharge is a little different. It was more thin. Though I have also heard some woman gets yest every month around their periods. But first thing, I would try a month wothout the keeper and see if that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.