Mothering Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't have much carpet but I do use the scooba by Roomba. I love it! Now, you do have to sweep big stuff off the floor first, but it cleans then dries the floor and the water is so yukky when I empty it!

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
old girl, new tricks - Amazing post! Lots of great ideas in there - thank you!!

Our place isn't huge (1,500 sq. ft.), but a couple of things I've found (and these were big for me as a cleaning-challenged person ;-) ) would hold true anywhere

* The more stuff you have, the harder it is to keep the house clean. Decluttering always helps when I think things are getting out of control. And if it's decluttered, it looks visually clean even if you don't have time that day to mop or whatever before people come over.

* Having a place for everything keeps the system going. When I think about it, the spots in the house I've decluttered and arranged with proper storage (after decluttering, not before) have stayed organized and easy to clean. It can be something super simple - under-the-sink basket for kitchen towels, so that I can switch them out every day and then take the basket straight down to the laundry.

* Making things stupidly simple - For example, I completely agree with the idea above to keep cleaning tools on every level/in every area you need them. It shouldn't be too hard to walk down the hall to get a spray bottle, but the fact is sometimes I don't. The easier I make it on myself, the more likely I am to do it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great ideas!

A lot of great cleaning tips. Thanks!

I've cleaned some pretty big houses. The trick is to not get caught up in one little corner forever. You need to keep moving and get the big stuff first... considering that most of the rooms may not be used as much as others. You have to pick your battles.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts