Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I think I'm kind of a crazy cloth diaperer. We have plenty of money to buy the cloth diapers that I 'really need'. I have plenty of FBs, I have a good number of fitteds, lots of hemparoo babykicks for stuffing, a good number of the somewhat pricey things that can come with cloth diapering. I don't like wool, so I don't have a lot of that, but if I wanted it, I would have it.

But, well, see, how weird am I for LOVING my prefolds? I just love my plain prefolds, bleached or unbleached---doesn't matter. Although I'll admit I have some hemp prefolds with verigated stitching to attach the fleece toppers..and well, YUM! I LOVE to close them with a snappi. It just makes me all smooshy inside to admire how simple, perfect, and just 'old fashioned' they seem.

Am I a nut for being like this? Someone tell me they're like this, too!

OH yeah... here's a picture... does anyone have any suggestions for getting that bottom snappi thing to stay in place when using the bikini twist? It doesn't seem to bother her, but well, I just see those teeth and think she's going to grab it and get an owie on her little hand.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Another prefold lover here.

I love how they look, and how I can always get a good fit on ds. I LOVE that they don't leave red marks on him from elastic or snaps like fitteds. When my dd was a toddler and wearing cloth she refused to wear anything but prefolds and Aristocrats. They were the most comfortable.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryansmom02
cant see the pic.... i love my prefolds......... but i just reach for every thing else.......
Sorry, about the picture.. I fixed it. Thanks for letting me know. My code was a little off!

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I love my cpf's too! I have a lot of fitteds and pocket dipes but I always just use the pf's and I am quickly becoming wool obsessed....I think they are so easy and they have always worked great for us.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Your baby is a darling!

I would stretch it really far to grab it. If you always let her go coverless, have you ever considered pinning? I would alwys worry that the snappi would catch on somthing, and with pins you don't have to worry about that. I am a die-hard fan of pinning though.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BethHG
Your baby is a darling!

I would stretch it really far to grab it. If you always let her go coverless, have you ever considered pinning? I would alwys worry that the snappi would catch on somthing, and with pins you don't have to worry about that. I am a die-hard fan of pinning though.
We don't go coverless very often---we like to use Bummis prints with our prefolds. But, this was right after a diaper change and since she was playing on the hard wood... well, you know how it is.

I'm afraid of pins, and wouldn't have the slightest idea how to use them!

·
Registered
951 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurora
Another prefold lover here.

I love how they look, and how I can always get a good fit on ds. I LOVE that they don't leave red marks on him from elastic or snaps like fitteds. When my dd was a toddler and wearing cloth she refused to wear anything but prefolds and Aristocrats. They were the most comfortable.

My daughter too! She refused anything but a pinned toddler prefold with a noah's ark print bummis cover. She wouldn't even tolerate a snappi. That is when I learned how to pin a really tight no sagging prefold. I am sure she would have liked a wool soaker if we had any when she was diapered.

I now prefer flats on my son.

I love the simplicity and old fashion look of these diapers. You can choose lots of cute covers too.

Angie

1 - 20 of 22 Posts