Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ugh. It's been so *&(&%$#^$ hot lately and I'm just having such a hard time being patient with my DD (25 mos).

Today after her nap she wanted to snuggle and nurse (which is what we do every day after nap) and I just couldn't do it. I just couldn't handle having her body on me...so I told her no, which set off a long line of tantrums.

Even though I could objectively step back and say...she just woke up. She needs to cuddle and nurse. But I was just so cranky and hot and tired that I still didn't want to nurse her.

I managed to divert by taking a stroller walk -- still hot but at least we were outside and the big canopy kept the kids in the shade. That gave me some much needed physical and mental space until my DD started whining and complaining because she didn't like the crackers (cheddar bunnies) I brought for her (I want "real" crackers mama).

I must have said a dozen times today....Lily just do it. Mommy doesn't have patience today.

Yuck. I hate talking like that.

And it's only supposed to be hotter tomorrow and through the weekend.

Anyone care to post some suggestions for keeping cool when it's hot...or maybe just vent a little about the heat here???

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Hop in the tub together. Make water balloons and toss them up in the air and let them splat and get wet. Melt ice cubes on each other. Eat popsicles. Squirt each other with spray bottles.

Hope it has cooled down some.

Pat

·
Registered
16,116 Posts
fun activities that helps to keep cool -
make and decorate paper fans.

make different flavours of juice popsicles

anything that envolves water and getting wet.

ice cube fights (trying to get an icecube down the others' shirt)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts